Canik vs Tristar

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Hibuckhobby

Canik vs Tristar

Post by Hibuckhobby » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:22 am

Thinking about a hammer-fired pistol and I like metal frames.
How is the quality of the Tristar line vs the Caniks?
I have a TP9SFL that I enjoy.
regards,
Hibuck...
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Re: Canik vs Tristar

Post by Tejas Products » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 am

Between the massive amount of positive reviews out there for the Tristar line and my own personal experience with my T-100.... I't a winner.... You can't go wrong.... Get a blindfold, pick up a CZ and then the Tristar... Bet you couldn't tell the difference... Then shoot it... (TAKE THE BLINDFOLD OFF FIRST)... Again, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between the two...
2 x
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories

Hibuckhobby

Post by Hibuckhobby » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46 am

Thanks!
0 x

DWARREN123

Post by DWARREN123 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:05 am

Both of mine are good pistols but do not have the manufacturer or after market support that other brands have.
0 x
Shut up and Reload!

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Cajun Gun Works is pretty much your only option for aftermarket tristar support, some CZ stuff will work or can work if modified. Quality on them is just as good as the polymer caniks. Compared to the CZ's which they're copies off the quality is close, I'd say CZ wins out slightly on the fit and finish, but they shoot just as well as your basic cz75.
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:38 pm

I have the C-100.......it is definitely a winner.
I did replace the main spring with a lighter one from Cajun Gun Works.
0 x

McCanik

Post by McCanik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Is the initial post's question whether the Tristar gun line has equal quality to Canik gun line?
I have 3 Tristars and 2 Caniks. I enjoy all of them but I consider the Caniks to be about 90% of the quality of the Tristars.
The Tristars literally never malfunction. They are reliable and durable (I have 12,000 rounds through a T-120). I consider their functional quality to be the equal of the CZ. I believe their aesthetic quality to be about 90% of the CZ. CZ has a more durable metal treatment and the cerakote finish of the Tristar is subject to scratch and wear if you are going to carry it.

If you plan to carry this gun you should consider that the Tristar only comes with a safety. If you're comfortable carrying cocked & locked then you are ok (but then why buy a DA gun and not use the DA?). If you want to carry decocked you have to manually do so and be comfortable that you won't have an accident while decocking.
Want a decocker model of DA? Buy a CZ.
2 x