Holsters

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Re: Holsters

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm

hoosiercodger wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm
I don't know though, it seems to me that an Elite Combat with red dot is a big heavy piece of steel to wear IWB.
Prior to the Combat I was carrying a SIG P320c with the X-Carry grip module. Not really that much difference.
Besides, the added weight in the rear helps to counterbalance the heavy weight up front!!!! :o ... :lol:
SIG............Combat
L: 7.4 ..........7.88
H: 5.5 ..........5.96
W: 1.3 .........1.45
Wgt: 27 ........25.8
0 x

FreedomFries

Post by FreedomFries » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 pm

I have a Smoky Mountain Concealment AIWB holster for my TP9DA. Great fit. I think he makes custom CNC machined aluminum molds to form the kydex on. Very professional looking and great retention. Has a molded in bump in the bottom of the holster that works like the RCS wedge. I like that it has some mounting holes for pull dot loops as well as plastic overhooks (my preference).
0 x

onlyoldiron4me
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 204

Post by onlyoldiron4me » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 pm

I'm hoping my holster for my 9 pro fits my sfx when it makes it here, I hear they work well
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:30 pm

FreedomFries wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 pm
I have a Smoky Mountain Concealment AIWB holster for my TP9DA. Great fit. I think he makes custom CNC machined aluminum molds to form the kydex on. Very professional looking and great retention. Has a molded in bump in the bottom of the holster that works like the RCS wedge. I like that it has some mounting holes for pull dot loops as well as plastic overhooks (my preference).
I have a SMC for my V2/DA IWB as well. Great holster, great company.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:28 pm

hoosiercodger wrote:
Image Image

Well perhaps. If I did this right here are two views of a current production no print wonder with an Elite inserted. The leather piece rides lower than the picture that you had and if it came out right you can see how large the sight channel is. Clinger uses the same shell for all their holsters now so you can turn the npw into a V3 by removing the leather and the plastic piece that tucks in the butt of the gun and replacing it with a belt clip by using the holes in the kydex above the trigger guard. you have the option of a 15 degree cant or straight cant for IWB appendix. I don't know though, it seems to me that an Elite Combat with red dot is a big heavy piece of steel to wear IWB.
Any chance you could measure the distance "X" in the image below on your holster with the Elite in it?
That would give me something to check against the RMR.

0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:37 pm

hoosiercodger wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 pm
Janik wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm
hoosiercodger wrote:
I don't know though, it seems to me that an Elite Combat with red dot is a big heavy piece of steel to wear IWB.
I thought about my Elite, but the slide is longer than my P07 and Walther P99c, so I don't think it would be very comfortable for me.
It's not so bad just be sure to have a good solid gun belt. My elite is my edc. My biggest problem is body shape. since I developed this middle age gut, and I don't have much in the way of a butt, it's sort of like trying to keep pants on a funnel. :smile:
YES...BELT IS KEY!!!

I wear a belt from Blue Alpha Gear and it is awesome! I wear the thing everyday with the Combat and it is comfortable, durable, and stiff. I'm wearing it in the photo on the previous page. It's also my go to comp belt for IDPA.

https://www.bluealphagear.com/product/hybrid-edc-belt/
0 x

hoosiercodger
Founding Member #: 420

Post by hoosiercodger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:42 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:28 pm
hoosiercodger wrote:
Image Image

Well perhaps. If I did this right here are two views of a current production no print wonder with an Elite inserted. The leather piece rides lower than the picture that you had and if it came out right you can see how large the sight channel is. Clinger uses the same shell for all their holsters now so you can turn the npw into a V3 by removing the leather and the plastic piece that tucks in the butt of the gun and replacing it with a belt clip by using the holes in the kydex above the trigger guard. you have the option of a 15 degree cant or straight cant for IWB appendix. I don't know though, it seems to me that an Elite Combat with red dot is a big heavy piece of steel to wear IWB.
Any chance you could measure the distance "X" in the image below on your holster with the Elite in it?
That would give me something to check against the RMR.

Just saw your post. I'm making it out to be 2 and 5/16 inches.
0 x
Never argue with an idiot for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!