Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Reading my mind?

Exactly.

I might consider depending on the cost of the slide. Hopefully you don’t have to remove front sight. No go.
Janik wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:40 pm @Tejas Products , can you do camo grip tape in these camo colors?
Let me see what my suppliers have in stock. I’ll get back to ya.
FYI, just found out MSRP on these pistols is $1100. I don't think I'll be adding one to my collection anytime soon. Makes the Elite Combat, that's now below $600 on some websites a really good deal. Plus, the Elite combat internals are coated, which is why the trigger feels so smooth, according to Century. Alien Gear Holsters did a live FB feed at the Century Arms booth.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm Yeah I'll be passing on this one for sure.
Basically they gave L2D some SF's to do a collaborative project on. I'm not familiar with L2D, but evidently they must be a big name to command such a high price tag. Makes the Elite Combat look like a heck of a deal. There's no way I'd be paying $900+ street price for a pimped out SF model. It doesn't even have the flat trigger. That being said, I didn't pay enough attention, but I assume/hope the price tag includes the red dot.
Yeah was going to say it doesnt even have the combats trigger. I'd rather have the EC. With 1100msrp probably looking at close to $1k total by the time you leave your FFL with it, I'm sure its a nice pistol and all but $1000 makes for some good options with cheaper pistols and lots of aftermarket add ons, you could have quite a nice upgraded Glock or M&P.

I'm assuming 1100 was without RMR if thats with the RMR and street price is $1000 or less then that would make it a bit better.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:17 pm Yeah was going to say it doesnt even have the combats trigger. I'd rather have the EC. With 1100msrp probably looking at close to $1k total by the time you leave your FFL with it, I'm sure its a nice pistol and all but $1000 makes for some good options with cheaper pistols and lots of aftermarket add ons, you could have quite a nice upgraded Glock or M&P.

I'm assuming 1100 was without RMR if thats with the RMR and street price is $1000 or less then that would make it a bit better.
It also sounds like there is either a limited run of these, or you order from L2D and they ship to your FFL. My guess is it's special order only so they don't have too much invested in production. It has a "cool" factor to it, but I just don't see it doing anything my EC or SFx can't do. Now if someone wanted to give me one, I'd all over it.
silverstateshooter wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:18 pm Whats the story on that compact you posted @Janik ???
Not available in the U.S. unfortunately. Doesn't meet the requirement for importing. Only way to get one here is for Canik/Century Arms to build a facility and manufacture them here.
Janik wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:26 pm
silverstateshooter wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:18 pm Whats the story on that compact you posted @Janik ???
Not available in the U.S. unfortunately. Doesn't meet the requirement for importing. Only way to get one here is for Canik/Century Arms to build a facility and manufacture them here.
Damn, that's lame. What about it makes it fail the requirements? Seems like it isn't any more "special" than any of the others they import.
Still don't understand that. Probably just not enough features to warrant the points it needs for import. I know the Taurus Millennium pistols in a similar size format were originally manufactured in and imported from Brazil. Also, the smaller Bersa Thunder 380 pistols are imported from Argentina.

(Editing to add...)
Interesting read on the importation points system:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/1999072 ... n-criteria

you know, i have been saying maybe not here but on[…]

tp9sf elite shoots low

Sorry to hear, Mine shoots 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr[…]

I bought a Team Canik Fanatik with my name on th[…]

Military Roll Call

United States Air Force 1967 - 1971. Munitions Mai[…]