Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
So, I had a thought about how to make some TP9 magazines work for the TP40. dzlfreek on youtube did a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNsJ00W1x3w) about using the spring and follower for the 40 in the TP9 mags and they ran pretty well. This company sells a spring and follower for the 40 cal for CZ, but state that they will also work with Canik mags (https://cpwsa.com/pistol-accessories/91 ... 38-40.html). If you own a TP40v2 you can buy some regular TP9 18rd mags and a couple spring and 40 cal followers from the site above and, viola, you have spare magazines.
I just found that site for the spring and follower, so I haven't had the chance just yet. I am definitely gonna order a mag and the follower/spring assembly and try it out. Should have an answer for you by next week!
Where would be a good place to locate a TP40v2 ?
I just tried a Sig 226 .40 LE mag that I picked up from CDNN awhile back for dirt cheap in my SA 9mm and it looked just like The factory TP9 mag sans the baseplates and the catch area would need opened up some.
It seems it would need opened up just a little to be a drop in for the TP40v2.
Mikebaker1129 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:49 pm Where would be a good place to locate a TP40v2 ?
I just tried a Sig 226 .40 LE mag that I picked up from CDNN awhile back for dirt cheap in my SA 9mm and it looked just like The factory TP9 mag sans the baseplates and the catch area would need opened up some.
It seems it would need opened up just a little to be a drop in for the TP40v2.
I found them on classic firearms months ago and wanted to get one, but didn't have the funds. They (and all other online vendors, to my knowledge) have since sold out of "factory new in box" pistols, but maybe gunbroker or another online firearms marketplace would work? I had to do some deep, deep digging and found one at a shop in DeLand, FL called Steel-Fox Firearms. I have looked around to see if I could find another, mainly for the mags, but have had little success. I looked at the sig 226 mags and I think if the 40 spring and follower with maybe a little tweak to the feed lips of a tp9 mag doesn't work well enough to be reliable, the sig mags are an excellent alternative. Very minor sanding is required on the left (if looking at the mag, bullets facing you) notch to allow the mag catch to grab the magazine. I saw a video on youtube about how to make them seat properly. Ill post it here again.
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_sea ... ?view=list

A website that compiles online vendors, showing TP40v2 sold out.

If you live in Georgia, someone is selling one brand new in box, but no shipping.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/8189925/s ... nik-tp40v2
Mikebaker1129 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 pm How much did the 40 cost if you do not mind me asking?
Not at all! I snagged it for $359. That one in GA was going for $340. They made 40 versions of the now Tristar T, P, and C-100 and 120 series pistols as well. I haven't seen one for sale, but they run around the same, 360ish. I want a 9mm T100, which can be scooped up for $339 at g4gguns.com.
Mikebaker1129 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 pm I have a Tristar T100 9mm,I wish I would have gotten the C100 instead.
Thanks for the price!
Anytime! I think they have the C-100 for around the same price too!
Janik wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 am
Mikebaker1129 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 pm I have a Tristar T100 9mm,I wish I would have gotten the C100 instead.
Thanks for the price!
C100 has always been on my short list, just seems like something else comes up before I buy it. One of these days though, I'll finally get one.
I saw a C-100 chambered in 380 ACP online. I kind of want it for my wife. Any comments on the 380 ACP? Good? Bad? I've watched some paul harrell videos on it, but wondering if you guys have any input?
Folks, update on the TP40v2 magazine situation. Attached are photos of both magazines. On each, they have the same writing denoting they were made for the TP series pistols. The only differences I noticed were the witness holes on the back and the very minor difference in the feed lips. The 9mm mag is on the left and .40 mag on the right. I haven't run any rounds through the .40 using the 9mm mags, but have run about 50rnds of WWB 180gr flat nose through it. I have to say, I have never shot a .40 until this last Monday and, not gonna lie, I think I was smiling and laughing with enjoyment the entire time. The DA trigger is gonna take some dry fire to get used to, but the SA trigger is phenomenal. Anyway, let me know what you guys think about those mags. I have a fresh TP9 mag coming tomorrow (didn't want to sacrifice an SFL mag) so I will try and make it out to the range this weekend and see how an unmodified TP9 mag works in the TP40. If I have issues feeding, I'll try to work the lips apart very gently, shoot, and repeat until I have zero issues. Probably won't carry it with a TP9 mag, but for the range it should work just fine.

Image Image Image Image
New to Canik, and this site!

Hello, and welcome to Canik Fanatik site.

New to me Elite SC

When I contacted Canik a couple of months ago inqu[…]

I'm buying 100 rds of 9mm every week, as well as o[…]

What happens if "they" decide[…]