heading logo

Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
TL1000RSquid wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:00 pm
Thorsten wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 pm I would purchase at least two single-stack (say, 7, 8, and 9-round magazines) of a miniaturized, thinner SF Elite.
Me I'd be in for a G26ish Elite, or something along the lines of a sig 365 or g43 Elite.
OK, so let's do some product development for Canik.

The Sig 365 is winning awards everywhere and the hottest subcompact out there. Specs:
OVERALL LENGTH 5.8 in (147 mm)
OVERALL WIDTH 1.0 in (26 mm)
HEIGHT 4.3 in (109 mm)
WEIGHT 17.8 oz (500 g)
$533 (all prices are Buds retail as of today)

Glock 26:
Length (Overall)** 165 mm | 6.50 inch
Width (Overall) 32 mm | 1.26 inch
Height incl.Mag. 106 mm | 4.17 inch
Weight with empty magazine 610 g | 21.52 oz
$521

New Glock 43X:
Length (Overall)* 165 mm | 6.50 inch
Width (Overall) 28 mm | 1.10 inch
Height incl.Mag. 128 mm | 5.04 inch
Weight with empty magazine 530 g | 18.70 oz
$468 (for the standard G43, G43X is not listed yet)

Kimber Micro9:
Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 4.07
Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 15.6
Length (inches): 6.1
$602

Ruger LC9S:
Overall Length 6"
Height 4.50"
Width (Overall) 0.90 inch
Weight: 17.2oz
$262

Finally, the current Elite:
Overall Length 7.28"
Height 5.27"
Width (Overall) 1.45"
Weight :29.2 oz
$405

OK, so if Canik can make a subcompact that fits into a roughly 4.5" by 6" box with a width of 1.0-1.1" with a minimum of 7 rounds and 10 rounds as the stretch goal at a $400 street price, they should have a winner. Weight should be 17-18 ozs or so. (My pet peeve, a thumb safety like the Kimber, would be gravy...).

But based just on specs, why doesn't everyone just buy a Ruger? Reliability?

Thoughts?
I had a Kimber Micro 9 Eclispe. Bought the first on I saw online. Sold to a friend who wanted it worse than me.

By far the best carry gun I have owned to date. Carry a S&W revolver which is my second favorite. Revolvers just work, every time.
My Ruger has been reliable...I think it looks decent, and a pocket gun has requirements of size over looks. For the cost, it is a great value gun. Besides, you can't fit an Elite in a Speedo.
Could be subs are a little more finicky with the short slide dwell times and Canik doesn't want to get into that market. SIG had a number of issues when the 365 first came out. I have a couple friends that had to send their guns back to be reworked. It's a lot easier to send your gun to NH to be reworked (my 320) than AIR MAIL a Canik to Turkey!!!

Just a thought... :-??
GlennSFX wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:06 pm Could be subs are a little more finicky with the short slide dwell times and Canik doesn't want to get into that market. SIG had a number of issues when the 365 first came out. I have a couple friends that had to send their guns back to be reworked. It's a lot easier to send your gun to NH to be reworked (my 320) than AIR MAIL a Canik to Turkey!!!

Just a thought... :-??
I'd imagine if the problem can't be figured out at Century and it has to go back to Turkey they'd just replace it.
Word I received from someone in management at Century Arms, is they can't import anything smaller than the Elite. I'm sure if they could, we'd have a true compact by now. It sounded to me the only way to offer a Canik compact or sub-compact would be to produce it here in the U.S. Not that I'm getting my hopes up, but it kinda sounded like that's the direction they would like to go, hence the Canik USA. But we shall see if it ever comes to be.
I know they got some stupid laws in regards to importing stuff, but why wouldnt Canik be able to import stuff smaller then the Elite if others can? Most of the restrictions are on guns in calibers smaller then 9mm which is why we dont get the double stack .380 glocks.
Aha! You mentioned importation in another thread, good point. Details:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/1999072 ... n-criteria

I. Handgun Size and Safety "Prerequisites"

Pistols: A pistol must have (1) a combined length "not less than 10" with the height . . . at least 4" and the length being at least 6" and (2) "a positive manually operated safety device."

Revolvers: A revolver must (1) have a frame "of 4 1/2" minimum [and] a barrel length of at least 3" and (2) pass a "safety test" consisting of what is commonly referred to as a "drop test."

II. The "Point System"

Pistols: A pistol must earn at least 75 points from the following characteristic areas:

Overall Length For each 1/4" over 6", 1 pt.
Frame Construction If investment cast or forged steel, 15 pts.; if investment cast or forged HTS alloy, 20 pts.
Weight One pt. per ounce; most pistols weigh between 15-40 ounces.
Caliber If between .22 LR and .380 ACP, three pts.; if 9mm or larger, 10 pts.
Safety Features Firing pin block or lock, 10 pts.; locked breech, loaded chamber indicator and magazine safety, 5 pts. each; grip safety, 3 pts.
Misc. Equipment Double-action mechanism, 10 pts.; click adjustble target sight, 10 pts.; drift adjustable target sight, five pts.; target grips, five pts.; target trigger and external hammer, two pts. each.

Revolvers: A revolver must earn at least 45 points from the following characteristic areas:

Barrel length For each 1/4" over 4", 1/2 pt.
Frame construction If investment cast or forged steel, 15 pts.; if investment cast or forged HTS alloy, 20 pts.
Weight One pt. per ounce. Most revolvers weigh between 15-50 ounces.
Caliber If .22 LR and .30 to .38 S&W, three pts.; if .357 Mag. or larger, 5 pts.
Misc. Equipment Adjustable target sights, five pts.; target grips, five pts.; target hammer and trigger, five pts.

Yep, getting to 75 points with a plastic frame is nearly impossible.

Imagine that, the idiot legislators couldn't predict that every law enforcement officer and the entire US military would be carrying plastic framed pistols 50 years after they made the law. But they were the best and the brightest, just ask them!
Badgerboy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:05 pm My Ruger has been reliable...I think it looks decent, and a pocket gun has requirements of size over looks. For the cost, it is a great value gun. Besides, you can't fit an Elite in a Speedo.
Speedo? :o
runeight wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:51 pm
Badgerboy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:05 pm My Ruger has been reliable...I think it looks decent, and a pocket gun has requirements of size over looks. For the cost, it is a great value gun. Besides, you can't fit an Elite in a Speedo.
Speedo? :o
I now own a tiny piece of your brain. Can't unsee that mental image. :YMSICK:
Nice to see the great review. My go-to guy at my home range walked me back to the display case to check it out. Real nice trigger, and it felt very comfortable in my hands. They had it marked for $700 and change. He couldn't believe that Canik was putting out a poly gun that high-priced, not being a "top 5 player'.
That said, he did mention more and more people are walking in inquiring about Caniks, which was nice to hear. :smile:

Neil b-)
TL1000RSquid wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:00 pm
Thorsten wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 pm I would purchase at least two single-stack (say, 7, 8, and 9-round magazines) of a miniaturized, thinner SF Elite.
Me I'd be in for a G26ish Elite, or something along the lines of a sig 365 or g43 Elite.
Okay, I'd probably go for that size if they made it instead of a single stack. Just another Canik sürtük (translates as slut, tramp, bimbo, minx, trollop, and slattern from English to Turkish). :P
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]