Tp9 SFX

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
inletguy

Tp9 SFX

Post by inletguy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 pm

can someone tell me how to tell which back strap on my new SFX is small and which is large. All I see on the one in the box is a 1 inside the back strap- it really looks smaller than the one that came on the gun, but I have been told the small one comes on the gun.

also, am I correct - I need a 1/8" punch to change the back straps? thanks
0 x

runeight
Founding Member #: 198

Re: Tp9 SFX

Post by runeight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:36 am

inletguy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 pm
can someone tell me how to tell which back strap on my new SFX is small and which is large. All I see on the one in the box is a 1 inside the back strap- it really looks smaller than the one that came on the gun, but I have been told the small one comes on the gun.

also, am I correct - I need a 1/8" punch to change the back straps? thanks
As long as you have two is all that matters. I believe it’s 1/8. Use a roll of tape as a bench block.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

FrankW
Founding Member #: 013

Re: Tp9 SFX

Post by FrankW » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 am

Hi inletguy,

I have a TP9 SF. Don't know if the grip inserts are the same on the SFx but I assume they are. I have two grip inserts, a 1 and a 2. The two is slightly flatter than the 1. I have small hands and like the number 1 the best with the more rounded back. The best way to tell which is best is to try both and pick your favorite.

My SF came with a short punch that fits the roll pin in the grip. The punch is in a plastic bag with the directions on how to change it. I don't know if the SFx has the punch or not. It is simple to change and you should give it a go.

Frank
0 x