Back Strap Option.

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)

Back Strap Option

Use standard back strap.
64%
Use extended back strap.
36%

Total votes: 14
runeight
Founding Member #: 198

Which back strap do you use?
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

All my Caniks have the original. In fact about 90% of all my pistols have the standard backstrap on them.
3375 Mr Unice
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

yep me too
FrankW
Founding Member #: 013

I think that the back strap you use has a lot to do with the size of your hand and maybe your grip. I have small hands and use the smallest back strap. I shoot with a fella with big hands and he thinks my back strap is too small. He uses the largest one. I don't like his large back strap.

Frank
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Whichever one gives me the most natural reach to the trigger. Being able to directly pull back the trigger without pulling the trigger sideways gets my vote.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

I use the standard on my Elite, but installed the larger one on my XDS.
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

I use the smaller one that comes on the Caniks. But then, I don't have that big of hands. All my guns I use the backstrap that comes on the guns.
Catch

I used mine "out of the box" for the first three days. I loved the gun of course, but I kept thinking it would be nice if the grip was another 3/8" longer so I could control recoil a bit better. I stayed away from changing back-straps since I don't have big hands and thought I'd continue to work on my grip to compensate.

Before heading out on day four, I thought I'd go ahead and change out the back-strap and honestly, I was surprised how much better it helped. It did nothing to change trigger or mag release reach. Instead, it just planted more grip into my palm. It really made a big, big difference.

It's a very easy swap...for those who haven't done it yet, I suggest trying it. Hopefully you will get the same results I did. If not, it's just as easy to put it back again :)
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

I have a fairly large hands and wear XL gloves. I use the standard "installed" grips on all my pistols. I've tried the larger ones, but didn't like the ergonomics. It's all about feel!!!
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Had to swap in the larger ones on the Elite & DA.

Neil 8-)
"I fear not the man who's practiced one thousand kicks once, I fear the man who's practiced one kick a thousand times" Bruce Lee
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH
keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Variable... So I haven't voted yet.

I shot my SFx for a while with the standard backstrap installed. I got curious the other day and swapped in the larger backstrap just to try. I'm not sure I like it this way, but I'll be leaving it in for a while until I know for sure. I suspect it will end up with the standard backstrap reinstalled at some point in the near future.
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)
DWARREN123

Standard works well for me.
Shut up and Reload!
FreedomFries

I use the extended but wish they made a backstrap that slightly increased the distance from the webbing of the thumb to the trigger. Kind of like the M&P M2.0 medium-large backstrap. Wonder if anyone will make aftermarket backstraps? I have average size hands but seem to just prefer more grip.