Canik RMR Milling

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Canik RMR Milling

Post by Janik » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:42 am

Recently I sent my Elite Combat over to Galloway Precision for them to measure and copy the slide cut on my Elite Combat, as well as the four adapter plates. Got my EC back a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting for GP to be ready for production. I'm thinking of sending in my Elite for an RMR and adapter plates. I'm curious if anyone has sent in a Canik somewhere to have their slide milled to accept a red dot. Speaking to GP, it sounds like the slides will be milled just as they are from the factory, with the rear iron built into the cover plate. I really don't see a way around it with the loaded chamber indicator. But then, I'm not machinist or gun expert, so maybe it is possible.

Anyway, I'm curious of everyone's thoughts on aftermarket slide milling, and if it's something everyone is interested in.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Re: Canik RMR Milling

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:56 am

Doesnt seem like anyones willing to mill through the channel for the indicator to make it possible to keep the irons. Its unfortunate the chamber indicator isnt something I use I'd rather be able to cowittness.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:19 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:56 am
Doesnt seem like anyones willing to mill through the channel for the indicator to make it possible to keep the irons. Its unfortunate the chamber indicator isnt something I use I'd rather be able to cowittness.
I never use it on any of my guns that have them, and always forget they are there. I'm hoping new red dots that come to market will have a rear iron built in like the SHIELD. The DPP has a rear iron you can buy for it, but the red dot is a bit pricey.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:30 am

Janik wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:19 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:56 am
I never use it on any of my guns that have them, and always forget they are there. I'm hoping new red dots that come to market will have a rear iron built in like the SHIELD. The DPP has a rear iron you can buy for it, but the red dot is a bit pricey.
Same my earlier guns didn't have them, So I've acquired the habit of looking, I'd rather visually check anyway. Woudl be nice if future models start including the sight I agree.
0 x

DubNation300

Post by DubNation300 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:25 pm

Janik wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:42 am
Recently I sent my Elite Combat over to Galloway Precision for them to measure and copy the slide cut on my Elite Combat, as well as the four adapter plates. Got my EC back a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting for GP to be ready for production. I'm thinking of sending in my Elite for an RMR and adapter plates. I'm curious if anyone has sent in a Canik somewhere to have their slide milled to accept a red dot. Speaking to GP, it sounds like the slides will be milled just as they are from the factory, with the rear iron built into the cover plate. I really don't see a way around it with the loaded chamber indicator. But then, I'm not machinist or gun expert, so maybe it is possible.

Anyway, I'm curious of everyone's thoughts on aftermarket slide milling, and if it's something everyone is interested in.

Was wondering how your cut came out? Thanks
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:19 am

DubNation300 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:25 pm
Was wondering how your cut came out? Thanks
Never sent my Elite in. I think they nixed the idea of doing red dot cuts on Caniks.
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:39 pm

I sent my EC to Canik factory for miling. The main reason , i want to use Dueck Armor Co witness plate. It is rear sight fit plate. But there is very thin bolt on rear side place , that my Red dot plate didint fit well. So i didint want to take a risk with local gun smith cause he never did that before, Thank you to Canik factory . They milled for me the surface , re paint again and fit the plate very well on top of pistol. It was free of charge. I dont know how much milling we talk about it. But in theoretically it is possible.
1 x

cfan55

Post by cfan55 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm

zeda convince Canik to cowitness with a full rmr cut. Two people already want them!
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:06 am

cfan55 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm
zeda convince Canik to cowitness with a full rmr cut. Two people already want them!
I am quite sure it will be, but it takes time. If they will give everything at once. They cant gain new customers. This is like Automobile Industry. Change the Head lights , put on trunk new logo XL and VOILA new model just came up ;-)
0 x