Does Anyone Have Supply Chain Info?

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
RWIG
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Does Anyone Have Supply Chain Info?

Post by RWIG » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:18 am

We are all aware of how the pandemic has thrown a monkey wrench into the normal buying and selling of fire arms. Over the last couple of months we are starting to see gun store shelves starting to replenish with some brands. I was at a gun store yesterday and the sales person said that they are getting new inventory every week, but they never know what they are getting until the open the boxes.
He also said that Smith and Wessons, and Glocks come in regularly (which makes sense because they are US brands), but Caniks only come in every few weeks, and most of the times its TP9 SF and SFX, they haven't gotten an Elite SC in months.

I was wondering if any forum contributors had any knowledge of when more Caniks will become available? I am a Canik fan, which is why I am on this site, and I will put Canik guns against any other brand for quality and reliability, but what made Caniks unique was that they were doing great things at a much lower price point. I have mixed feeling when I see One Series Caniks for sale for 600 and 700 dollars, because I know that the people who pay that much will enjoy their new gun, but when the price corrections take place they will be shocked by what they paid. I really want an SC but haven't been able to find a "Black out" SC locally. In March they were selling for $330 and when I see them on Gun Broker going for $450 I still have to pause. Does anyone have any word when we will see more Caniks in the US?
0 x

vjp76

Re: Does Anyone Have Supply Chain Info?

Post by vjp76 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:48 am

I’d guess mid 2021 before we see things start to normalize With supply but I’m thinking prices will stay elevated for some time after that. It took about 6 months for pandemic panic to set in this year, now the November election Is adding to that.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:44 am

I see Canik’s fairly regularly on gun.deals , as a matter of fact I saw the elusive white Canik for sale a couple of days ago. I start working part time at a local gun range in a few weeks, They actually have a decent selection of handguns right now. I didn’t notice if they carried Canik or not but I’ll sure check.
0 x
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories

FrankW
Founding Member #: 013

Post by FrankW » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:59 am

It is interesting that some think the shortage is do to panic buying due to the pandemic. I think it is panic buying due to the unrest in our major democratic controlled large cites and the fear that police departments may reduce numbers in some cities.

Frank
3 x