TP9SFx Relibillty ?

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Bigmaico

TP9SFx Relibillty ?

Post by Bigmaico » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:26 pm

OK , So I was texting my buddies about my last range session. Sent a pic of the 100 rounds in the target 98 inside the 9 ring!

One of the guys started tell me that I need to keep an eye on the spring & the magazines at they ware quickly ??

SO please let me know how many rounds you guy's have through you TP9SFx & any Failures or worn parts that you replaced!

BTW: he thinks that the Beretta 92F is a better built gun :)) , Not for me I had one & I was happy to get rid of it A.S.A.P

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Bigmaico on Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: TP9SFx Relibillty ?

Post by Janik » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Canik factory routinely tests guns off the production lines with 60,000 rounds without breakage or needing to replace parts. I'd put my faith in their info before listening to someone who doesn't even own a Canik.
2 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm

I concur with Janik... My SF had over 3000 rounds and my SFX has around 700 rounds through it... There are a few members here if I remember correctly have passed the 10K rounds mark and are still going strong....

I have both the SFX and a Beretta 92FS... And I think both are exceptional weapons platforms... In my opinion you can't compare the two.. They are built on different frames and materials... and function completely differently.... Ask your friend how many Canik's he owns or has owned... I hate internet know-it-alls.
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm
here are a few members here if I remember correctly have passed the 10K rounds mark and are still going strong....
There's also some members in the FB group who are serious competition shooters with round counts exceeding 30 or 40,000.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:21 pm

Bigmaico wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:26 pm
One of the guys started tell me that I need to keep an eye on the spring & the magazines at they ware quickly ??
Recommend asking him what the source of his info is. "Well, it was on the internet so it must be true".

Like @Janik said,
Janik wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:33 pm
Canik factory routinely tests guns off the production lines with 60,000 rounds without breakage or needing to replace parts.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

SSGNDoc
Founding Member #: 004

Post by SSGNDoc » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Can’t speak for the SFx specifically, but my old SA and V2 have been ticking along without a hitch. When I first got the SA I got a variety of ammo to run through it. Fast forward a few years. Still trouble free.

2 x

97octane

Post by 97octane » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Well, the Philippine National Police ran an Elite-S thought a 20,000 round test in 2018 and it passed perfectly, as well as ice/sand/mud tests and a number of others. I think the only other pistol that’s passed is the Glock. So it’s good for at least 20k rounds with no parts replacements so I don’t know where that info came from. Over time I’ve seen more and more info showing how reliable this design is and it’s one of the reasons I trust it, not to mention my own heinous abuse due to constant use that it’s passed perfectly
0 x

gunn

Post by gunn » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:29 pm

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:21 pm
Bigmaico wrote:
Recommend asking him what the source of his info is. "Well, it was on the internet so it must be true".

Like @Janik said,
Janik wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:33 pm
Canik factory routinely tests guns off the production lines with 60,000 rounds without breakage or needing to replace parts.
And as everyone knows, they can't lie on the internet.
0 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
45 ACP, Because short fat and slow will get the job done.

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Bigmaico wrote:
OK , So I was texting my buddies about my last range session. Sent a pic of the 100 rounds in the target 98 inside the 9 ring!

SO please let me know how many rounds you guy's have through you TP9SFx & any Failures or worn parts that you replaced!

BTW: he thinks that the Beretta 92F is a better built gun :)) , Not for me I had one & I was happy to get rid of it A.S.A.P

Thanks in advance!
The Mecgar Canik mags are the same body as the beretta mags, sig 226 and a few others only difference is where they stamp the holes for the mag catch/release. I've not had any mags wear out or break on me yet. The only time they malfunctioned they had atleast a tablespoon worth of sand/dirt/pebbles in them from me dropping them. I've not worn out any parts in any of the caniks themselves either, have replaced the RSA after 12-15k rounds but it was still working.

92's are nice guns not in my top 5 but worth having one(two if your a John Woo fan) in your collection.
0 x

Sandpaper

Post by Sandpaper » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:42 pm

I have had two flubs in all of the many boolats I have pushed through my sfx and would say it is pretty darn reliable. Some of my people also have tp9s of one type or another and they all work as one should expect with a beginning hiccup and then reliable performance thereafter. I did way too much research before purchasing and the consensus is that the things work as well or better than the top brands. But your buddy probably has some inside scoop I bet. Is he an gun engineer or high level of mechanical Guinness? JK
0 x
I'm an infantryman by trade but in my heart, I'm an infantryman.