Green dot

One stop shop for Canik aftermarket parts.
Racerxxx77

Green dot

Post by Racerxxx77 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi! I just bought a canik tp9sf last week. Would you happen to know of an affordable green or red dot that will work on the sf? Also, can you put a slide tracker on the sf somehow? I have arthritis in my hands and it sure would make it easier. Thanks in advance for any info!
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Re: Green dot

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Racerxxx77 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:55 pm
Hi! I just bought a canik tp9sf last week. Would you happen to know of an affordable green or red dot that will work on the sf? Also, can you put a slide tracker on the sf somehow? I have arthritis in my hands and it sure would make it easier. Thanks in advance for any info!
I would check out the HoloSun line up for affordable green dot.
1 x

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by colonel00 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 pm

Racerxxx77 wrote:
Do you have the SF or SFX?

Not sure about a slide racker if you just have a SF but you could look at getting a lighter recoil spring.
1 x

Ben W.

Post by Ben W. » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:39 am

I'd be a little cautious about just installing a lighter recoil spring. There's a balance between absorbing the recoil, proper operation of the firearm and avoiding excessive battering of the parts. In my opinion, if the cases are ejecting approx. 5 feet or so, everything is probably about right. If the ejected brass ends up in the next county, you're likely in for some trouble. And then, too much spring and the pistol won't function properly. So be very cautious about just dropping a lighter recoil spring into any recoil operated pistol.
1 x

frankthetank
Supporting Vendor

Post by frankthetank » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Ben W. wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:39 am
I'd be a little cautious about just installing a lighter recoil spring. There's a balance between absorbing the recoil, proper operation of the firearm and avoiding excessive battering of the parts. In my opinion, if the cases are ejecting approx. 5 feet or so, everything is probably about right. If the ejected brass ends up in the next county, you're likely in for some trouble. And then, too much spring and the pistol won't function properly. So be very cautious about just dropping a lighter recoil spring into any recoil operated pistol.
That is correct. That is why the Spring kit in our store is the spring set for Canik. Canik Arms bought 5000 for testing last year and it is approve by them. I also been shooting the spring set for 3 years and shot more than 40K rounds.
1 x

Racerxxx77

Post by Racerxxx77 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:45 am

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:19 pm
Racerxxx77 wrote:
Do you have the SF or SFX?

Not sure about a slide racker if you just have a SF but you could look at getting a lighter recoil spring.
I have th SF. Just trying to figure out which would be better. Also looking for something affordable because I'm disabled and funds are kind of limited these days due to the virus.
0 x

FrankW
Founding Member #: 013

Post by FrankW » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:39 am

Hi Racerxxx77,

With the SF you will need a dovetail mount to use a red dot sight. You might be able to find one tapped for a slide tracker. Or you could drill and tap a hole in the mount for the slide tracker. You would need a sight base for a Glock dovetail cut.

I put in a link for the Strike Industries base but just for information. I don't know anything about Strike. Evolution Gun Works is another choice.

Frank

https://www.riflescopeblog.com/2017/03/ ... mount.html
0 x

GearHead_1

Post by GearHead_1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:21 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:08 pm
Racerxxx77 wrote:
I would check out the HoloSun line up for affordable green dot.
Just don’t try to get a 508T GR from them. I got a Gen1 in Jan. that went bad the first time at the range, this was back in February. I sent it back to them. They acknowledged it was bad but that they were going to upgrade me to the new Version 2 that was just coming out. To date, it still has not come out. They have sent me a 507 Green Dot to give me something to use until the Gen2’s arrive but I’ve never even put it on the gun. Wondering if they Gen2 they promised to send me will even become a reality with the Trijicon lawsuit going on.
0 x