Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Canik Fanatik Forum Information and Announcements.
Rvegasfx wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:41 am Works really well with mobile. And it has a dark mode and light mode. I'm loving it!
One of the reasons we went with it. Still need to find a way to add the activity buttons back in though
Ghostwolf308 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:51 am Still need to find a way to add the activity buttons back in though
Yes to this. Specifically the # of unread posts button. Going to the menu on the top of the page is kind of a pain.

This blue is MUCH better than the B&W option while in dark mode.
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:43 pm The "I like this post" button is gone too.
YEAH! I really want to like this comment!

I tried the mobile version a couple of days ago, and I couldn't get straight to the last unread post. It seems to be working on the desktop, so IDK. The action buttons are missed, but on the desktop it's fairly easy to get to the menu at the top to return to the unread posts page.
Some things I see.

There is WAY too much space alocated to the member information at the right side of a post. There is a post from LT with eight words in the post and it takes up 5 1/2" of vertical space.

I really miss the "New Post" link at the top of the page. If you are worried about space on the menu bar you could remove the "Contact Us" link. It also appears at the bottom of the page. I use the New Post link many times a day and very seldom use the Contact Us link.

The layout of the Full Editor & Preview is strange. The way you have the Smilies, the Full Editor panel takes up to 17" on my monitor. You could place the smilies along the bottom of the Full Editor instead of vertical like you have them. Or, link to a smile window.

The use of colors to seperate panels is a space waster too. I much prefer a black line so list and post are compact and there is some contrast.

The whole layout needs to be tighten up a bit so we don't have to do so much scanning to use the site. I know you want it to look cool but the primary thing in my mind is ease of use for new viewers that drop by. It is not that it is hard to use, but it is not as easy as some other forums that shooters use.

I had to scan down 8" to submit this post after I edited it in the Full Editor.

Frank
Last edited by FrankW on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
I echo the words of those before me, and would like to add, it could use more contrast between text and background color, especially in the quick links drop-down menu. Very, very difficult to read on a tablet, especially if blue light filter is on.
Thanks !
i don't like it. i have a hard time finding the "clear all messages", i cannot find a way to undo, ""watched threads". i get notices for no reason whatsoever when someone replies to a thread, the board is slow to come up on the screen, sorta "fades in", slow to get from one board to another, don't like the dark or light mode choices, over colors,

does not have a "new posts' button that SHOWS how many new posts there are.
We are working on fixes and even a possible change in style to make sure we get what we want on the forum. I will be doing so color work with the dark mode fonts and trying to reduce brightness of light mode when i get off work tonight.
Sorry, these old eyes need more contrast. I was perfectly happy with black type on a white background.

Since this is the first time I am commenting, the black type here on the gray/blue background on the editor isn't terrible. Still prefer black on white.

Can't wait for the "Active" button to return.

Also, I clear my browser cache every time I log off, so I would prefer dark type on a light background as the default instead of having to select it each time.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.
ncjw wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:53 pm Sorry, these old eyes need more contrast. I was perfectly happy with black type on a white background.

Since this is the first time I am commenting, the black type here on the gray/blue background on the editor isn't terrible. Still prefer black on white.

Can't wait for the "Active" button to return.

Also, I clear my browser cache every time I log off, so I would prefer dark type on a light background as the default instead of having to select it each time.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.
There should be a button that says light mode in the right corner or quick links that will switch it for you
It may be because there is work being performed, but it keeps switching between light and dark mode own?
I hope I am wording this clearly - when I go into a specific forum and look at topics, I no longer see the create date of posts like I used to. I see the last reply dates on the right, but not the create date of the post on the left.

Best wishes, and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Neil 8-)
qballbandit wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:28 pm It may be because there is work being performed, but it keeps switching between light and dark mode own?
I hope I am wording this clearly - when I go into a specific forum and look at topics, I no longer see the create date of posts like I used to. I see the last reply dates on the right, but not the create date of the post on the left.

Best wishes, and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Neil 8-)
like an older post or even newer posts? I see when your post was created when looking at it. as for the switching from light to dark not sure but we will be changing soon
"like an older post or even newer posts?"
Under the old format, I'd select one of the forums and on the left side of the screen under "Topics", next to each post title/user, I'd see the create date of the post. Not to be confused where to the right, you see the date of the last update/reply to the post.
If this is still featured, I am not seeing it.

Neil 8-)

I'm likely not buying ammo again before 2022. A fe[…]

My TX22 is stock but seriously needs one mod that […]

well, my Canik Fanatik hoodie just arrived, at […]

Howdy

Welcome to CF