Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Canik Fanatik Forum Information and Announcements.
By Ghostwolf308
I know there is tapatalk and we are looking into possibly using it but does anyone have experience with creating mobile apps?? Or with any other forum style apps like tapatalk??? @LT USN (Ret.) any thoughts
By marvin02
I am not a fan of putting all of my login info into one basket like you do with Tapatalk. I also don't like the additional ads, which required an opt out by both the forum owner and the user to disable the last time I checked. Tapatalk also used to track every ink you followed using their app.

I have no issues using this forum on my phone.
By Janik
marvin02 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:02 am I am not a fan of putting all of my login info into one basket like you do with Tapatalk. I also don't like the additional ads, which required an opt out by both the forum owner and the user to disable the last time I checked. Tapatalk also used to track every ink you followed using their app.

I have no issues using this forum on my phone.
Good info, thanks. We're also going to be changing the "skin" of the forum, and hopefully it'll be easier for people to navigate on their phones web browser.
By jgillaspy
How about a simple RSS feed for new posts? I use that foe several other sites and only logon if there is something in particular I want more info on.

JG
By Tejas Products
Taptalk, is SO intrusive on a forum. I am the administrator for a laser forum and we were forced into tap talk and I hate it.
By LT USN (Ret.)
Ghostwolf308 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:33 am LT USN (Ret.) any thoughts
Me? Thoughts? Never had an original one.

This forum is not one that I personally would go to on an app. Pictures & longer posts are required and wouldn't translate well to a mobile phone IMO. There is no info I would need to access here while on the range.

I have never created one.
By ncjw
I may have mentioned this before, but I try and go with the absolute minimum number of apps, so I will never use it. Don't know if it's a good idea or not, I will just not use it.
By Ghostwolf308
jgillaspy wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:56 pm How about a simple RSS feed for new posts? I use that foe several other sites and only logon if there is something in particular I want more info on.

JG
Ill look into that.
By NATIVECANE
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:18 pm
This forum is not one that I personally would go to on an app. Pictures & longer posts are required and wouldn't translate well to a mobile phone IMO. There is no info I would need to access here while on the range.

I have never created one.

Would have to agree with this.
By Ghostwolf308
I have looked and the only app out there seems to be Tap-a-Talk which gets alot of bad reviews. However it is possible if people would be interested to run the forum with an RSS feed so all new posts could be viewed with an RSS reader.

I'm likely not buying ammo again before 2022. A fe[…]

My TX22 is stock but seriously needs one mod that […]

well, my Canik Fanatik hoodie just arrived, at […]

Howdy

Welcome to CF