Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
By Reggietsfree
Hey Guys,

Glad to be a member here. I had been researching Canik's for the past 2 yrs and finally purchased a TP9SF on 11/12/2020.
I haven't been to the range yet, and my previous semi-automatic ownership was S&W Shield 9mm, also various wheel guns/rifles/12 & 16 gauged shotguns.
I do quite a bit of fishing, traveling, firewood harvesting, and tinkering with Stihl chainsaws.
I'm also 8 hrs from finishing my MSW, after a 30 yrs college exodus! :-SS

One thing I've noticed after doing an exhaustive internet hunt is the shortage of OEM magazines other than the 10 rd capacity.
Pro Mags are overly plentiful, yet I've heard mixed reviews about them especially in the 18 rd's.
Anyway, if any of you guys has in insight of where I can purchase a couple of 18 rd OEM's I would be really grateful, if not I've hit enough "Alert Me When Back In Stock" email alerts I should be okay in time.

I have an assortment of ammo, what has proven to be best for your CANIKS, i.e. 115, 124, 147 grain--Gold Dot/Federal/Hornady...etc? :-?
I've grown rather partial to the Federal Hydra-Shok 124 grain for EDC and Winchester/Federal 115 grain FMJ for range blasting.

Well enough about me. Thanks again!
Later,

Reggie T.
Welcome to the forum from Missouri, and congratulations for your academic achievements, I was 42 years of age when I finally got my Bachelors.
I discovered Canik when my son bought a SFX, I soon obtained one as well as an Elite SC.
Mine were a little cranky about ammo choices at first, but a couple of hundred rounds later they are handling it all very well.
Regarding mags, I am sticking with Mec-Gar, it is hard to find them in stock right now, and prices can be high. I saw a 10 rd for the SC for $48, but was able to find another for $40, a little high, but I grabbed one. I was at a local gun shop getting ammo, and got a 18 rd for the SFX for $34 (the last one they had!)
shovelmike wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:48 am Welcome to the forum from Missouri, and congratulations for your academic achievements, I was 42 years of age when I finally got my Bachelors.
I discovered Canik when my son bought a SFX, I soon obtained one as well as an Elite SC.
Mine were a little cranky about ammo choices at first, but a couple of hundred rounds later they are handling it all very well.
Regarding mags, I am sticking with Mec-Gar, it is hard to find them in stock right now, and prices can be high. I saw a 10 rd for the SC for $48, but was able to find another for $40, a little high, but I grabbed one. I was at a local gun shop getting ammo, and got a 18 rd for the SFX for $34 (the last one they had!)
Thanks...I'm going to hit the range in the next couple days and I'll also check my local gun shops as well.
Reggietsfree wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:26 am Hey Guys,

Glad to be a member here. I had been researching Canik's for the past 2 yrs and finally purchased a TP9SF on 11/12/2020.
I haven't been to the range yet, and my previous semi-automatic ownership was S&W Shield 9mm, also various wheel guns/rifles/12 & 16 gauged shotguns.
I do quite a bit of fishing, traveling, firewood harvesting, and tinkering with Stihl chainsaws.

One thing I've noticed after doing an exhaustive internet hunt is the shortage of OEM magazines other than the 10 rd capacity.
Pro Mags are overly plentiful, yet I've heard mixed reviews about them especially in the 18 rd's.
Anyway, if any of you guys has in insight of where I can purchase a couple of 18 rd OEM's I would be really grateful, if not I've hit enough "Alert Me When Back In Stock" email alerts I should be okay in time.

I have an assortment of ammo, what has proven to be best for your CANIKS, i.e. 115, 124, 147 grain--Gold Dot/Federal/Hornady...etc? :-?
I've grown rather partial to the Federal Hydra-Shok 124 grain for EDC and Winchester/Federal 115 grain FMJ for range blasting.

Later,

Reggie T.
first, welcome to the site.

second, go to the canik/century arms website.

once there, of course, you will see whether or not mags are available.

what i did was back order mine (2) and i got an email when they were shipped.

right now, i am waiting on a slide lock release spring myself, and sent them an email putting me on the back order list.
buddyd157 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:37 pm
Reggietsfree wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:26 am Hey Guys,

Later,

Reggie T.
first, welcome to the site.

second, go to the canik/century arms website.

once there, of course, you will see whether or not mags are available.

what i did was back order mine (2) and i got an email when they were shipped.

right now, i am waiting on a slide lock release spring myself, and sent them an email putting me on the back order list.
I got it! I checked them yesterday and they were out, but I'll check some each day. The backorder sounds like a solid plan of action as well.
Appreciate you reaching out.
BTW...just ordered this for "Range Purpose Only" :YMCOWBOY: : 1 x PROMAG CANIK TP9 9MM 18RD BLUE STEEL (MGPMCAN-A1) $14.02
yeah, i am not a fan of promag, and i never bought any, just went along with the mostly bad reviews over any good ones..seemed like more bad than good, so why bother is my opinion.

however for range use, you'll find out yourself.
Yep time & rounds will definitely tell. I do have a OEM 10 rounder arriving Thur or Friday.
I just may have an angle with a bud about to sell his TP9 and go another route...he has "4 18 rd mags!" :d
I'm on it tighter than a slob on a baby!
Gun probably doesn't have 200 rds through it!! LOL
Kinda got a gut feeling I'ma gonna be alright. ;)
Welcome.e to CF!!

Another 'bama guy here, from the north side of the river in Florence!

Check out Gunmagwarehouse. I just ordered a couple extra mags for my SF Elite this week.

Enjoy the new Sf!

I've heard prices went up again with new year at A[…]

FWIW, I no longer believe a word that the FBI says[…]

New to Canik, and this site!

Hello, and welcome to Canik Fanatik site.

New to me Elite SC

When I contacted Canik a couple of months ago inqu[…]