New member from Norway

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
azorx

New member from Norway

Post by azorx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:33 am

Hey everyone

I have had great help from this forum, with information on the Canik brand and on the SFx model. So now I own a Canik SFx my self. It also led me to buying more guns. A S&W victory 22 and a Ruger GP 100.

Greetings from Norway

1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Re: New member from Norway

Post by GlennSFX » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:36 am

Welcome!
It is an addiction!!!!! :lol:
1 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 am

Welcome...

Something we like to ask of members from other countries.. Tell us more about your gun laws....
1 x
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 am

Welcome aboard the forum
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

azorx

Post by azorx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:13 am

Tejas Products wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 am
Welcome...

Something we like to ask of members from other countries.. Tell us more about your gun laws....
Thank you

For hunting we need a licence. It’s a course of 9 gatherings and a multiple choice test. Then you can buy shotguns and rifles. You can own a “wardrobe” of rifles and shotguns up to 6 weapons (its being expanded to 8 in the new gun laws). In addition you can have some (not sure how many) for competition, that only requires that you are a member of a group/center that has shotgun/rifle competitions in their program.

For pistols/revolvers you need to be a member of a club/group that has pistol shooting in their program. You also have to be a member for 6 months, have 12 documented appearances in this period and a safety course. Then you can apply for one gun in one calibre/different programs. You basically get approved for the weapons you can document a need for. I can at this point own 4 pistols/revolvers with my activity level. If/when I get more competitions documented, then I can apply for additional guns (EG. Another 9mm). Fun fact, we can buy suppressors without any applications.
Our gun laws are changing right now, and I don’t know where that will lead yet. But it seems that the most important thing is to forbid the Ruger mini 14 (used in the terror-attacks in 2011), there was discussion of banning semi-auto rifles for hunting. But again, I am not sure how this will take effect in the end.
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:21 am

"Fun fact, we can buy suppressors without any applications."

Americans are very jealous over this. Ours are a pain in the butt to own.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:37 am

I am so jealous!

You have an SFx Mod2! We cannot get Mod2's in the US because...well, no one has any idea why we can't get them.

Please let us know how it performs.
1 x

Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jester560 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:38 am

Welcome to the forum! That is a very nice family of pistols you have.
1 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am

azorx wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:13 am

Our gun laws are changing right now, and I don’t know where that will lead yet. But it seems that the most important thing is to forbid the Ruger mini 14 (used in the terror-attacks in 2011), there was discussion of banning semi-auto rifles for hunting. But again, I am not sure how this will take effect in the end.
Well if they're banning just the mini14 you guys aren't missing out on much. Whats the legality of other semi auto magazine fed weapons, are AR15's and AK's legal? If not what about older military arms such as M1 carbine or sks?
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:04 pm

Welcome on board. This is very nice see range with snow. This is interesting gun laws and looks very complicated. If terror attacks made fire arm , Goverments starting run to bann the fire arm. Why they are not bann knife from every house kitchken? In England most of terror attack made by knife in last 3 year.
1 x

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:40 pm

London-stan already bans knives longer than three inches (and it doesn't seem to be working, the bad guys are ignoring the ban. Who would have thought that would have happened?...)

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/07/18/ ... e-control/

And now they are seriously discussing banning pointed kitchen knives.

https://reason.com/2019/10/07/the-u-k-m ... f-england/

You can't make this up.

And as usual, Walmart has caved. Their subsidiary Asda has stopped selling individually packaged pointed kitchen knives. Hilarious.

And, as we have seen in VA early this year and in every Dem stronghold state and city since the COVID crisis, they will ban guns at EVERY opportunity, no matter WHAT the excuse, and no matter what they said pre-election.

I am preaching to the choir on this forum, but it is amazing how many people still fall for the lies.
1 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:01 pm

In Europe you can buy without asking ID Bow and Arrow. Any regular Bow and Arrow may kill the target, from 100 mt without sound. Today Air rifles has serious caliber. In Turkey Air rifles not allowed for hunting but you can shoot with them in field free with silencer. France had terror attackt with trucks. In Japan civilian has no any fire arm , and one maniac killed the people in subway with Chemical weapon.

People kill each other , tool is just tool. You may call this tool as a firearm, I amy call as aKnife or other may call as a Truck.

Goverment may ban the fire arm working with gun powerder. But today Laser gun, Rail gun , Electormagnetic gun, Air rifle. There is so many option. If goverments belivies with firearm banning they could stop the crime. I only could say them . Sweet Dreams.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Welcome to the forum.
1 x

deserttrans
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by deserttrans » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:43 pm

Welcome from Arizona.
1 x

Brindle Lake Dog

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:10 am

Welcome to the fun.
1 x

azorx

Post by azorx » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:06 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am

Well if they're banning just the mini14 you guys aren't missing out on much. Whats the legality of other semi auto magazine fed weapons, are AR15's and AK's legal? If not what about older military arms such as M1 carbine or sks?
It started with a list of semi-automatic’s on a list of banned weapons. But it was a desperate attempt for the government to respond with hard measures to the terror attack, in my opinion.

For AR 15’s (I also think AK’s goes with this) you can own them for competition, you have to be able to document membership at a recognised group (for example Oslo shooting team). But you have to have a “quarantine” of 2 years. In this quarantine you have to compete and be a member of a recognised group before you can apply for a semi-automatic weapon. I have not done this, so I am not sure how it works practically.
1 x