Thought I’d Say Hi

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
GearHead_1

Thought I’d Say Hi

Post by GearHead_1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:09 pm

New to the world of Canik, had my eye them for a couple of years but never stepped in. Picked up an SFX for my son this past week, liked it well enough that I ordered one for myself today. What can I say? I’m a weak man. Anyway... thought I’d say hi.
1 x

jgillaspy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Thought I’d Say Hi

Post by jgillaspy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Well, howdy and welcome to the forum! Lots of great information and people here.

JG
1 x

GearHead_1

Post by GearHead_1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Thank you.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the SFx.
1 x

GearHead_1

Post by GearHead_1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Thank you. Took 6 days for my son’s SFX to arrive. I didn’t feel bad about that at all as the vendor didn’t have my FFL’s info in their system. It also didn’t come up on their list of FFL holders in my area when I ordered today but when I input the info it said I already had this FFL in my profile. Assuming mine takes about the same amount of time I’ll be a happy camper.

My son and I have been doing the Poly80 thing for the past few months and have had a ball. They’ve turned out extremely well. I really like the way my G17 equivalent shoots. That said, it will be nice to shift gears to the Canik’s though I still have one of the P80’s to finish. Nuff of that for now, I’ll try to learn to speak Canik when here.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm

GearHead_1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pm
’ll try to learn to speak Canik when here.
Nah, we're a Canik group, but we speak all kinds of gun talk around here.
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Welcome, have a p80 build myself and a couple kits to be built. I like p80 in my hand a little more then the Canik's but generally shoot the Canik's slightly better, Canik's have better trigger stock then my tweaked p80 one.
1 x

GearHead_1

Post by GearHead_1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:38 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm
Welcome, have a p80 build myself and a couple kits to be built. I like p80 in my hand a little more then the Canik's but generally shoot the Canik's slightly better, Canik's have better trigger stock then my tweaked p80 one.
I spent an inordinate amount of time and a bit of change on the trigger/action of the P80 I’m referring to. We all know that a striker fired pistol will never quite equal a well worked 1911. That said, I did get my ego stroked a little when I took my P80 down to show my FFL dealer (known him my whole life) while picking up my son’s gun and he said “that’s the smoothest trigger I’ve ever felt”. I tried a Ghost connector that removes the “wall” on this P80 and I think that was what he was feeling. I didn’t take his remarks too seriously but it made me feel good.

At this point, I’m hoping to get the Canik in the same neighborhood and it doesn’t seem like it will be to be too tough with a few aftermarket pieces as it starts out pretty darn nice right out of the box. Certainly a better place to start than where any of my Glock’s began life and the Canik over travel doesn’t appear to need any attention as is. I know most of you folks know way more than I do about the Canik so I’m preaching to the choir here but I’ve watched virtually every available YT and read literally every article I can find in the InterWeb. Truth is I’ve only held one of these a few times and popped the top for a few minutes to look at it. I very much look forward to the journey.
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Welcome on board sir,
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:39 am

GearHead_1 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:38 pm
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm
I spent an inordinate amount of time and a bit of change on the trigger/action of the P80 I’m referring to. We all know that a striker fired pistol will never quite equal a well worked 1911. That said, I did get my ego stroked a little when I took my P80 down to show my FFL dealer (known him my whole life) while picking up my son’s gun and he said “that’s the smoothest trigger I’ve ever felt”. I tried a Ghost connector that removes the “wall” on this P80 and I think that was what he was feeling. I didn’t take his remarks too seriously but it made me feel good.

At this point, I’m hoping to get the Canik in the same neighborhood and it doesn’t seem like it will be to be too tough with a few aftermarket pieces as it starts out pretty darn nice right out of the box. Certainly a better place to start than where any of my Glock’s began life and the Canik over travel doesn’t appear to need any attention as is. I know most of you folks know way more than I do about the Canik so I’m preaching to the choir here but I’ve watched virtually every available YT and read literally every article I can find in the InterWeb. Truth is I’ve only held one of these a few times and popped the top for a few minutes to look at it. I very much look forward to the journey.
Nice, running ghost connector too that i shined up with the dremel and a few other aftermarket springs in mine(all my glocks really) pretty satisfied with the triggers on them now. My Caniks are all stock at the moment didnt feel need to change anything nice and smooth now especially after a couple thousand rounds through them. CZ P10 would be my 2nd favorite stock trigger after the Canik also probably my 2nd favorite Ergo's after the P80 but before the Canik.
1 x

GearHead_1

Post by GearHead_1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Ordered one for myself after playing around with my son’s. It’s in the mail and will be here in a couple of days.
0 x