Greetings from Italy

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
Raffaele-Italy

Re: Greetings from Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Fanatik wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:40 pm
Welcome
Grazie !!! Thank you
0 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:18 pm

You are confirming that I should cry !!! I paid TP9 almost twice. The 9 x 21 is identical to the 9 x 19 (only 0.78 longer) because it is stupidly forbidden in Italy (9 x 19) and therefore the ammunition costs half as expansive. Semi-automatic rifles forbidden in 5.56 and for some years allowed in 7.62 have been allowed but the magazine capacity cannot exceed 5 rounds. Automatic weapons are absolutely forbidden. I repeat .... to despair
Last edited by Raffaele-Italy on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:22 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:07 pm
Raffaele-Italy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:34 pm
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 pm
Welcome aboard. I am curious what are gun prices like in Italy and average price for a box of ammo?
Thank you. Don't make me cry you touched a sore point because when I see arms prices in some American states I suffer. As an example my Canik Tp9 V2, I paid 500 euros and it is also in promotion. A Dillon XL 650 price with 1000 euro casefeeder. A box of ammunition Fiocchi FMJ 9 x 21 about 15 euros. From you the weapons cost less perhaps the pistol ammunition not but we can have only the fmj or copper ammunition but not the expansive that obviously have a greater cost. If you ask me something specific I tell you. A small pistol primers box cci 1000 have a price 40 euro ... FIOCHI 1500 primer 27 euro and are fine
I've noticed most other countries have higher prices when it comes to firearms and ammo, other accessories too I'm sure. TP9SA and V2 I think right now can be found for about 275 euro's. A box of Fiochi 9x19 runs about 8 euro. 9x21 isn't common at all here I do see some 9x21mm IMI for a few dollars a box more not sure if its the same stuff. cci small pistol primers here run about 26 euro.

Are you guys allowed to have semi auto rifles? If so I guess probably not 5.56 or 7.62NATO since its police/military rounds?
You are confirming that I should cry !!! I paid TP9 almost twice. The 9 x 21 is identical to the 9 x 19 (only 0.78 longer) because it is stupidly forbidden in Italy (9 x 19) and therefore the ammunition costs half as expansive. Semi-automatic rifles forbidden in 5.56 and for some years allowed in 7.62 have been allowed but the magazine capacity cannot exceed 5 rounds. Automatic weapons are absolutely forbidden. I repeat .... to despair x( x( x( x(
0 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:11 pm
Benvenuto nel forum. molte persone fantastiche qui. non vediamo l'ora di vedere le tue foto
Grazie per il benvenuto e per aver parlato Italiano !! Ho visto dal tuo profilo che il tuo cognome è Italiano. Metterò presto le foto e spero che tu possa fornirmi il tuo prezioso contributo poiché ho visto che sei un venditore anche di componenti. Spero che io anche possa acquistarli da te.
0 x

GaCop

Post by GaCop » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:58 am

Welcome to the forum! :-H
0 x
Vietnam Vet - Jun 66 - Dec 67

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:25 am

GaCop wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:58 am
Welcome to the forum! :-H
[/quote

Thank You
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:56 am

Raffaele-Italy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Benvenuto nel forum. molte persone fantastiche qui. non vediamo l'ora di vedere le tue foto
Grazie per il benvenuto e per aver parlato Italiano !! Ho visto dal tuo profilo che il tuo cognome è Italiano. Metterò presto le foto e spero che tu possa fornirmi il tuo prezioso contributo poiché ho visto che sei un venditore anche di componenti. Spero che io anche possa acquistarli da te.
Prego. Pensavo che lo avresti apprezzato. Sono di seconda generazione dalla Sicilia e vivo nel grande stato del Texas. Per lo più produco adesivi e impugnature, ecc ... Nulla di ciò che è limitato. Vivo anche a circa 30 minuti da Southfork Ranch se hai mai visto lo show televisivo Dallas .... Ancora una volta benvenuto nel forum.
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

easy10

Post by easy10 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 am

Welcome

Small world, been looking at an Italian handgun, the Tanfoglio. Had good luck with Turkish handguns, Canik. Do you have an opinion on the Witness?

As a "funny" note, I was on a business trip to France, drinking coffee with a co-worker from Italy. As I was thinking the French served a small cup of coffee the Italian said they serve a large cup here.
0 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:56 am
Raffaele-Italy wrote:
Tejas Products wrote:
Prego. Pensavo che lo avresti apprezzato. Sono di seconda generazione dalla Sicilia e vivo nel grande stato del Texas. Per lo più produco adesivi e impugnature, ecc ... Nulla di ciò che è limitato. Vivo anche a circa 30 minuti da Southfork Ranch se hai mai visto lo show televisivo Dallas .... Ancora una volta benvenuto nel forum.
Ho apprezzato moltissimo e ti ringrazio ancora per il benvenuto. E chi non ha visto l'interminabile serie di Dallas ? Vivi nel paese che ho sempre sognato per le armi in Texas se ben ricordo non avete alcuna limitazione vero ? Posso chiederti se puoi fornirmi materiale per la Canik TP9V2 della Galloway Precision o similari? Ho chiesto a loro ma dicono che non hanno la licenza. Mi pare strana la risposta perchè ho chiesto solo delle semplici molle per il grilletto e aste guidamolla da 24 libre materiale che in Italia non ha alcuna restrizione. Se potessi aiutarmi mi faresti una grandissima cortesia.
Di quale parte della sicilia ? Ciao - Raffaele P.S se puoi aiutami Grazie
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:49 pm

According to Google Translate:

TP: Welcome! Can I buy your niece's dolphin?

RI: Thanks! The sun sets blue on the Italian pretzel.

TP: Good Morning! Linda Gray was hot in her day, with anchovies.

RI: The Cowboys suck but Canik's are great!
0 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:03 pm

easy10 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 am
Welcome

Small world, been looking at an Italian handgun, the Tanfoglio. Had good luck with Turkish handguns, Canik. Do you have an opinion on the Witness?

As a "funny" note, I was on a business trip to France, drinking coffee with a co-worker from Italy. As I was thinking the French served a small cup of coffee the Italian said they serve a large cup here.
For us the cup of coffee is "sacred" and the one you see in the picture is the Italian cup. The French know nothing of Italian coffee but they never reach the level of the huge plastic cups with American caps !!! Mamma mia how bad you make coffee.
Compared to the Tanfoglio Witness called 1911 that an American betrays the Colt is very serious. It is a "Clone of the 1911 A1" and incorporates the modifications of the Gold Cup Nationa Match of the Colt that date back to 1957. It was built entirely in steel with tolerances executed with numerical control machines so very precise and refined. But honestly I wouldn't prefer it to a wonderful Colt National especially if you find a model from the 70s-80s where the Colt made wonderful weapons. To date, the Colt production, like Smith and Wesson, I don't like at all. So between a Tanfoglio Witness and a current Colt the Tanfoglio is much better in my humble opinion and I don't want any American shooter. In Italy it costs around 1200 Euros.
Very beautiful browning and Grip. Barrel of excellent quality
I attack the Italian's small cup :-)

Last edited by Raffaele-Italy on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Raffaele-Italy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:03 pm
easy10 wrote:
Welcome

For us the cup of coffee is "sacred" and the one you see in the picture is the Italian cup. The French know nothing of Italian coffee but they never reach the level of the huge plastic cups with American caps !!! Mamma mia how bad you make coffee.
Compared to the Tanfoglio Witness called 1911 that an American betrays the Colt is very serious. It is a "Clone of the 1911 A1" and incorporates the modifications of the Gold Cup Nationa Match of the Colt that date back to 1957. It was built entirely in steel with tolerances executed with numerical control machines so very precise and refined. But honestly I wouldn't prefer it to a wonderful Colt National especially if you find a model from the 70s-80s where the Colt made wonderful weapons. To date, the Colt production, like Smith and Wesson, I don't like at all. So between a Tanfoglio Witness and a current Colt the Tanfoglio is much better in my humble opinion and I don't want any American shooter. In Italy it costs around 1200 Euros.
0 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Raffaele-Italy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:03 pm
easy10 wrote:
Welcome

how much does Tanfoglio Witness cost you?
0 x

easy10

Post by easy10 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:38 pm

The prices are all over the place, $250 to $4,000. I can buy a polymer frame for $250+, a steel frame for $400+. The "Extreme" models go for $1,000 $2,000 and $4,000. I will have to say, the factory boxing is quite impressive. Only issue I have had with Canik, is replacement parts not made in America. Some of the metallurgy on the MIM parts was suspect.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:02 pm

Raffaele-Italy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:10 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Raffaele-Italy wrote:

Ho apprezzato moltissimo e ti ringrazio ancora per il benvenuto. E chi non ha visto l'interminabile serie di Dallas ? Vivi nel paese che ho sempre sognato per le armi in Texas se ben ricordo non avete alcuna limitazione vero ? Posso chiederti se puoi fornirmi materiale per la Canik TP9V2 della Galloway Precision o similari? Ho chiesto a loro ma dicono che non hanno la licenza. Mi pare strana la risposta perchè ho chiesto solo delle semplici molle per il grilletto e aste guidamolla da 24 libre materiale che in Italia non ha alcuna restrizione. Se potessi aiutarmi mi faresti una grandissima cortesia.
Let me check.... I will verify if I can send that to you.... Send me a PM with the link of exactly what your looking at....
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:03 pm

ncjw wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:49 pm
According to Google Translate:

TP: Welcome! Can I buy your niece's dolphin?

RI: Thanks! The sun sets blue on the Italian pretzel.

TP: Good Morning! Linda Gray was hot in her day, with anchovies.

RI: The Cowboys suck but Canik's are great!
That there is funny... I don't care who you are.... =))
0 x

Raffaele-Italy

Post by Raffaele-Italy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:02 pm
Raffaele-Italy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:10 pm
Tejas Products wrote:

Let me check.... I will verify if I can send that to you.... Send me a PM with the link of exactly what your looking at....
GRAZIE 😊!!!!!!!!! Non sai che favore che mi stai facendo !!!!!! Ora in Italia e già tardi domani mattina che per te sarà notte ti mando i link direttamente dal sito Galloway . Con te preferisco parlare in Italiano se anche a te fa piacere !!! Grazie ancora vado a riposare felice !!!
0 x