TP9SF Elite

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
KingRob22

TP9SF Elite

Post by KingRob22 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:48 am

Hello all! Just took delivery of my Elite yesterday. It is my first pistol and I’m anxious to learn all I can about it and the way it shoots. Looking forward to conversing with everyone!
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: TP9SF Elite

Post by Janik » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 am

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Elite.
1 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 am

Welcome to the club Kingrob22.........

I have that gun- it shoots darn good, and many others will agree-
I bought mine over a year ago and did have a striker issue- but they fixed it with the upgrade at no cost to me. The newer ones have the upgrade already.
If you haven't seen how to break it down- you should watch a youtube video. Its not tricky or hard to do- just different. That slide does not come all the way forward when removing the slide.

here is a fair video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0CS1AzPStc[url][/url]
1 x

KingRob22

Post by KingRob22 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 am

higgybaby wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:11 am

I bought mine over a year ago and did have a striker issue- but they fixed it with the upgrade at no cost to me. The newer ones have the upgrade already.
If you haven't seen how to break it down- you should watch a youtube video. Its not tricky or hard to do- just different. That slide does not come all the way forward when removing the slide.

here is a fair video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0CS1AzPStc[url][/url]

Good to hear about the customer service aspect and the performance of the gun. I’ve been practicing my breakdown and reassembly and it’s different but easy to grasp. I’m taking the advice of others on here and locking the slide back to try and loosen the spring. My question is, should I run the 124 Grain NATO or a +P ammo 124 grain of some kind to further help the break in period? What’s others doing as of recently? Appreciate the advice!
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:51 am

KingRob22 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 am
My question is, should I run the 124 Grain NATO or a +P ammo 124 grain of some kind to further help the break in period? What’s others doing as of recently? Appreciate the advice!
124 Nato, +P or any other quality ammo should break in the RSA nicely. I also use Speer Lawman if I don't have Nato. My method with a new Canik is to run a couple boxes of Nato first, that way the RSA loosens up and then it'll eat anything. The guns are built for abuse, so don't be afraid to run hot ammo through them. But after a couple boxes of Nato, or something similar, I never have an issue with weaker ammo such as Winchester White Box, Remington UMC, etc. I own several Caniks and I've yet to find a brand of ammo they do not like.
2 x

KingRob22

Post by KingRob22 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:53 am

Janik wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:51 am
KingRob22 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 am
My question is, should I run the 124 Grain NATO or a +P ammo 124 grain of some kind to further help the break in period? What’s others doing as of recently? Appreciate the advice!
124 Nato, +P or any other quality ammo should break in the RSA nicely. I also use Speer Lawman if I don't have Nato. My method with a new Canik is to run a couple boxes of Nato first, that way the RSA loosens up and then it'll eat anything. The guns are built for abuse, so don't be afraid to run hot ammo through them. But after a couple boxes of Nato, or something similar, I never have an issue with weaker ammo such as Winchester White Box, Remington UMC, etc. I own several Caniks and I've yet to find a brand of ammo they do not like.
Awesome, good to hear man! Thanks🤙🏻
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by higgybaby » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:54 pm

If you buy ammo online- you can occasionally get a real if you buy by the case. I like Target Sports, SGAmmo and a few others. There is also
ammolseek..... just watch shipping costs?

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger?co=new&ca=brass
0 x

Sorge

Post by Sorge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Welcome to the forum
1 x
Pew pew

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Excellent first gun! Was my first 9mm as well, and it makes me look so much better than I probably am :P
Going to be my EDC pretty soon. Looking to switch to Night Fision Perfect Dot Tritium Night Sights, though.
Honestly, if you work it through the "break-in", you will no doubt enjoy shooting it every time at the range.

And, I agree - ammoseek.com is your best friend.

Have fun!

Neil 8-)
1 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

Blue
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 300

Post by Blue » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:21 am

Welcome!
1 x

DWARREN123

Post by DWARREN123 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:04 am

Howdy and Welcome to the Canik forum!!!
I have had one for over a year. Good pistol, fits me well and shoots very accurately.
Lots of good folks and info here.
1 x
Shut up and Reload!

KingRob22

Post by KingRob22 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Ran 40 rounds through the Elite today for the first time...man, that trigger is awesome! No FTF/FTE through those first 40. Shooting Winchester NATO 124 grain and I’ve left the slide locked back for a couple days now. I could feel a big difference in the slide after leaving it locked back for a few days. Glad I got this gun and hope it continues to exceed my expectations!
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm

higgybaby wrote:

Welcome Kingrob...just be careful about some of the advice you may get...if you read certain participants, you learn quite a bit...including certain unnamed folks who have difficulty finding the correct bathroom...'nuff said... X_X
1 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

KingRob22

Post by KingRob22 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm
higgybaby wrote:

Welcome Kingrob...just be careful about some of the advice you may get...if you read certain participants, you learn quite a bit...including certain unnamed folks who have difficulty finding the correct bathroom...'nuff said... X_X

🤣
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm
including certain unnamed folks who have difficulty finding the correct bathroom
I know who you are talking about!

Welcome aboard @KingRob22
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by higgybaby » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:12 pm

Ohhhhhh.......aaahhh.......my Walmart trip?

Dang some of yall have a good memory.
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:13 pm

We shall never forget Mr. Higgy. That is dang funny.
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?