Hi all, hello from Illinois where the Mighty Miss goes East to West!

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
onlyoldiron4me
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 204

Hmm, Just bought a TFPSFX for $450 shipped in RDE, looks to be fun! I am usually a M&P guy, but the raves about this made me buy one! I can shoot my 5 inch 9 pro well, but wanted something ready for a red dot for my aging eyes! I plan on firing a few hundred rounds thru it after I take it apart and Militec treat it, get it good and slippery, found thru the years treating it first it's like it is already broke in, and a LOT less wear marks on the moving pieces, and makes the cleaning a WHOLE lot easier! Been using Militec since my brother in law brought some back from Desert Storm, treat them, run them dry for a long time! The CLP they were using, the sand stuck to everything, made them into clubs!
Anyways I am rambling, but I am old, like things polished and slippery, but not wet! Looking forward to perusing the forums, see what i can do to improve this already great pistol!
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SFx. I'm on the Iowa side of the Mighty Mississippi where it goes East to West.
Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 002

Welcome. Another Iowa side here
I'm on Instagram as @wildland_outdoors.
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Welcome!
The SFX is a great gun.
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Welcome from Wisconsin...where the water doesn't go anywhere this week. It's too damn cold.
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Welcome aboard the forum from the dumping end of the Mississippi, southeastern Louisiana.

As they say, it all flows down hill.

Please add some feedback on Militec-1 in the lube thread.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Badgerboy wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 am Welcome from Wisconsin...where the water doesn't go anywhere this week. It's too damn cold.
LOL...
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Greetings from an O'Hare area shooter!

Neil b-)
"I fear not the man who's practiced one thousand kicks once, I fear the man who's practiced one kick a thousand times" Bruce Lee
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH
onlyoldiron4me
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Must be kinda boring shooting up that way, I bet, huh Neil?
Way too many restrictions and too much traffic over there for me, I like my mags to have lots of bullets in them!
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

The only restrictions that effect me is "Crook" County sales tax on firearms and ammo.
So, I now purchase everything online. Most places will still ship ammo to my home, because I am not "Chicago" mailing address, though still Crook County. No issues yet with sites shipping guns to my local FFL. I can still shoot my 15 & 18 round mags, so no lost sleep there.
Traffic on the other hand......meh!

Best wishes,

Neil 8-)
"I fear not the man who's practiced one thousand kicks once, I fear the man who's practiced one kick a thousand times" Bruce Lee
onlyoldiron4me
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Nice, I didn't think you could get ammo shipped anywhere in IL, what's the secret!
I have a buddy who lives in Crook Co, tubular mags only!
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

My recent online ammo purchases have come from.....:
bulkammo.com
outdoorlimited.com
bonefrogclub.com
carolinamunitions.com

.....To name a few.

Ordered Winchester WB, Winchester NATO, Fiocchi, and lots of Speer Lawman and Gold Dot of late, all very much cheaper than you can find at any store. You can also order an outer wrap to hide "ammo" branding, etc. - usually for a buck or so, which is nice.
Usually use ammoseek.com to search for best prices, then order away! :smile:

Neil 8-)