Hello from Nebraska

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
Catch

Hi all,

CF is an awesome forum and I've spent several days reading the topics here. Great info!

I bought my first handgun ever just before Christmas...a TP9SF Elite. I loved the feel and look of it and the reviews I found online sealed the deal for me. I've got just at 400 rounds through it currently and haven't had a single issue. For my first handgun and first time ever shooting one, I'm surprised at the accuracy I am able to hold!

I look forward to reading much, much more here and thanks for all the insight I've already gained!

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Elite. The Elite is the second Canik I purchased and sealed the deal for me. It is the most accurate firearm I've ever owned. Sold off my remaining Glocks and M&P's. I still have a few Walthers and CZ's, but Caniks have some of the best triggers and are some of the most accurate guns right out of the box. Keep us posted how it performs for you, and if you have any questions.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Catch wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:37 pm bought my first handgun ever just before Christmas
Well, if you are on this forum there will be more Canik's in your future.

Welcome aboard. :-H
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Catch

LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:19 pm
Catch wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:37 pm bought my first handgun ever just before Christmas
Well, if you are on this forum there will be more Canik's in your future.

Welcome aboard. :-H
Thanks guys. And yep, already looking for #2 :)
Flingit1200s

Welcome from a fellow Husker in Kansas!
DWARREN123

Howdy and Welcome to the Canik forum!!!
Like my SF Elite also.
Shut up and Reload!
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Hey Catch!
I am just under a year into shooting, and the Elite-S was my first 9mm. I had shot a half dozen others 9's prior to purchasing it, but can state without doubt, it is the best shooter of all - end of story! Makes me look a whole lot better than I really am ;-)
Just put another 200 rounds of Speer Lawman 124gr through it today, along with 100 rounds of Winchester NATO 124gr through my newer DA.
And, if you are looking for a second, check out the DA if you want to be amazed all over again. Each time I shoot this gun, I have to wipe the silly grin off my face!
Of course if you're looking tactical, Canik has something to offer you here too.

Have a blast!

Neil 8-)
"I fear not the man who's practiced one thousand kicks once, I fear the man who's practiced one kick a thousand times" Bruce Lee
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Great first choice for a pistol...I made several mistakes and ho hum choices before stumbling onto Canik. I have stumbled on about six of them now...:)
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?
Blue
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 300

Welcome aboard!
Sorge

Welcome to the forum from a former Nebraska resident
Pew pew
Catch

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been online much. In the last year, I got a new house, a new girlfriend and a new bike (the old Evo is still in the stable though :P )

But, I am finally happy to say, a new Canik has also joined the range bag!

I am entering my first shooting competition every tomorrow evening and as much as I love the Elite, I am just not "MOBowling Pin" much after 9 yards. I bought the TP9SFx just for the 15 yard competition. I also pre-paid for the SC, so as soon as it arrives, I will be content (for now!).

Thanks always for all the input, advice and awesome photos posted here!

Much respect always...
bp1

great choice …. I lived in Kennesaw for 2 yrs
zeda3000

Welcome on board , Canik my First Pistol also. Many years i used Shotgun , if Canik was never exist , i will never buy Pistol. I am not fan of pistol , i am fan of Canik.
GaDawg0513
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
CF Member: 513

TP9SFX in Lincoln. Welcome Aboard!
"Vortex: It's like Jalapenos & Sriracha, I put that shit on everything".