New TP9SFX Owner From Florida

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
kev2810

Hey everyone! Kevin here from West Palm Beach Florida. Just bought my TP9SFX and am loving it! Also kinda fell in love with competition shooting videos and now really would like to figure out what moves I would have to make to get into that scene. Really excited to be here, loving the pistol and also have multiple mods in the mail to play around a bit so just hanging tight until they get here, will update the thread as I go.
Stay safe guys and thanks for taking the time to read!
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Welcome to the forum. I am from very North West Palm Beach Wisconsin...well, we don't have a beach...or palms...but the North and West part is true. Enjoy the pistol and start planning for the next one in the Canik family. You can't stop at one.
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?
shovelmike

Welcome to the forum, Kevin. Congrats on the SFX, it's a very fine gun...I like mine a lot too.
I hope ammo supplies improve and prices moderate a bit so I can continue shooting and improving my skills.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Welcome aboard the forum.

The SFx is how I broke into USPSA & Steel Challenge competition. It's a great firearm to mold into what suits you. Make sure you read the thread, "Weaponizing the SFx". Good stuff.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Welcome to the forum.
kev2810

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I have absolutely fallen in love with the gun and have only shot about 500 - 600 rounds in it! So much so that I went ahead and purchased a pro trigger from Freedomsmith, Magwell and mag extensions from Taylor Freelance , a compensator from Rockyourglock and a Vortex Optics Venom Red Dot from Amazon. I havent changed any internals yet as I would like to keep breaking it in first and also know too little about the internals but would love to find out if there is a way to get the slide to move as smooth and easy as the STI (not trying to compare $3k to $500) . All in all, im loving the gun, love the accuracy and super fun to shoot! Wish I had more outdoor range availability for Wednesdays since thats my only day off but they are all closed. Stay safe guys!
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

kev2810 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:58 am but would love to find out if there is a way to get the slide to move as smooth and easy as the STI
Shoot a whole bunch and keep cleaning inside slide rails on the slide.

Concur, hard to compare an SFx to an STI but, shooters who have handled my SFx are very surprised how well it functions and feels.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
kev2810

Oh I plan on it! Work in sales so time is limited but I plan on going any chance I get and as long as I can afford it. As of right now super hard to find 9mm ammo for under 60 cent per round which to me is like each shot being worth a dollar. Hurts my heart a little lol
NATIVECANE

Welcome from another Floridian