Josh in Georgia

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
JoshT

Josh in Georgia

Post by JoshT » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:15 am

Hello!

Can't say I'm a Canik Fanatik yet, I can't even say the name right yet. Can't seem to get through my skull that it's "JAN"-ik instead of "CAN"-ik, I'll get there eventually. Just bought my first on monday and it hasn't even reached my dealer yet.

Have several handguns in a few different calibers. Like shooting all of them and they all have their purpose, but didn't have anything that I liked for a day at the range. That's not completely true. I love my little Ruger 22s, but I wanted something more substantial while still being smaller than my 45 ACPs. For a few years I've been thinking about getting a full size 9mm just for shooting at the range, but never willing to spend the money on it.

The Canik TP9SFx has been catching my eye on gun.deals for almost as long as long as it's been out, so finally pulled the trigger on Monday. Way more gun than I need. From all the reviews it's a great. Given what you get for the money I couldn't pass it up. Bonus is I enjoy watching pistol competition videos on you tube, looks like great fun, now I've got a capable gun if I ever get the chance to try myself.

I probably won't post much, but I like being able to read about about the guns I own and what people do with/to them. What better place to do that than the Canik Fanatik forum?
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: Josh in Georgia

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 am

Welcome aboard the forum.
JoshT wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:15 am
I probably won't post much, but I like being able to read about about the guns I own and what people do with/to them
At least give us an initial range report. Let us know how you like it.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:51 am

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SFx. Definitely give us a range report when you get a chance to put some rounds down range.
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 am

This is nice feedback and comment. I think Canik like IKEA, Cheap , Simple but works good. Welcome on board
0 x

GaDawg0513

Post by GaDawg0513 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Welcome partner!
0 x
"Vortex: It's like Jalapenos & Sriracha, I put that shit on everything".

tucker03

Post by tucker03 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:37 am

you're hookded, just don't know it yet. Welcome
0 x

JoshT

Post by JoshT » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:56 pm

tucker03 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:37 am
you're hookded, just don't know it yet. Welcome
We'll have to see about that. Hooked on ARs, yes. Hooked on 1911s, yes. Hooked on Canik, not sure that'll happen. Either way, I'm sure I'll like it if I ever get it.

Not happy with the company I ordered from right now. Ordered on Monday. Selected a local FFL from the list that they have on file. Payment cleared my bank same/next day. Here it is Friday and the order still says "in progress". Tried calling to see what is going on or if I need to do anything and they aren't answering the phone during business hours, ended up leaving a message after a few trie.. Thought this to be a reputable business so I'm going to give them a few more business days to do something.
0 x

tucker03

Post by tucker03 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:40 am

I agree they should at least anwer the phone, or at least return your phone messages. Hopefully once you get your gun, all the nonsense in getting it, will kinda go away. Hopefully, you'll getter soon. Enjoy when you do. I think you'll be impressed being a seasoned gun owner.
0 x

JoshT

Post by JoshT » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:31 pm

That department must have closed early yesterday. They called me back this morning and we got things straightened out.

I'd selected a local FFL out of their list. Apparently the License on file expired last month. They sent an email to the local FFL earlier in the week for an update license, but never got a reply. Emails disappear or get missed, I know it happens, so not going to blame either for it. They sent another email today, and I check with the local FFL later to make sure it all went through. Should get shipped out on Monday according to the shop, but it's a federal holiday so?
0 x