What handgun do you EDC the most?

Discussion section for Everyday Carry items, Preparedness and Self Defense, including Knives, Packs, Filtration Systems, Bushcraft, etc.
sbdude

Re: What handgun do you EDC the most?

Post by sbdude » Tue May 07, 2019 9:33 am

My main carry is Ruger SR9c but will switch in the SA XD Mod 2 subcompact. In summer, depending upon what I'm wearing and where I will be, I pocket carry (in pocket holster) a Ruger LCPII.

Really wanting to get a Sig P365 and it will become my #1 carry. My son has one and I really like it. Small, 10-12 rounds, points well for me. Wish the trigger was a little better but it's good enough for carry duty.
0 x

Sharper2112

Post by Sharper2112 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 am

Am I the only one who finds it strange that 98% of the respondents to this thread are carrying a non Canik firearm? But yet this is a Canik Forum? Lol
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Tue May 07, 2019 11:50 am

Sharper2112 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 am
Am I the only one who finds it strange that 98% of the respondents to this thread are carrying a non Canik firearm? But yet this is a Canik Forum? Lol
No, not really.... The majority of CCW are smaller than even the Elite... Also many prefer lighter single stacks, or hammer fired or like in my case I prefer a safety that I can engage before holstering my weapon.... There's a distinct difference (at least to me) between a range / hobby / comp gun VS a carry gun....

Even my home defense gun is a hammer fired Tristar T-100.... I don't want a light trigger pull at 3am when I'm startled awake.... But that's just me, your mileage may vary.....

Plus the majority who are into firearms, don't just stay with one brand... There are too many good selections out there not to try them... I started coming here because I got my first Canik a few years back when they were just entering the market and know body knew much about them.. But once you buy one and find out that they are so much better than many others out there (both at the low price point and the expensive guns) that you want to share with others who have found the brand.....
1 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Sharper2112

Post by Sharper2112 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:23 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:50 am
Sharper2112 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 am
No, not really.... The majority of CCW are smaller than even the Elite... Also many prefer lighter single stacks, or hammer fired or like in my case I prefer a safety that I can engage before holstering my weapon.... There's a distinct difference (at least to me) between a range / hobby / comp gun VS a carry gun....

Even my home defense gun is a hammer fired Tristar T-100.... I don't want a light trigger pull at 3am when I'm startled awake.... But that's just me, your mileage may vary.....

Plus the majority who are into firearms, don't just stay with one brand... There are too many good selections out there not to try them... I started coming here because I got my first Canik a few years back when they were just entering the market and know body knew much about them.. But once you buy one and find out that they are so much better than many others out there (both at the low price point and the expensive guns) that you want to share with others who have found the brand.....

You’re right there are tons of great options out there, but I just figured I’d see a lot more Elites being carried since this is a Canik forum. After all it’s the same size as a G19 which is one of the most widely carried guns there is.
0 x

varmint

Post by varmint » Mon May 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Glock 32 357 SIG since late 80's, Minute Man owb holster, box stock factory night sights nothing more, it works...
1 extra mag in Hulme clip on pouch
Ranger T or Gold Dot 125's
See no reason to change
Prior Colt Gen Officers 45 / later SIG 226 short time
Before that S&W 2-1/2" M66 - required
Before that S&W 4" M19 - required
Before that Colt 1911 in 1970's and long prior
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Mon May 13, 2019 11:48 pm

varmint wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:09 pm
Glock 32 357 SIG since late 80's, Minute Man owb holster, box stock factory night sights nothing more, it works...
Didn't know anyone was still using 357 sig :) So who's carrying .45GAP?
0 x

varmint

Post by varmint » Tue May 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I know of no agency using the glock round, several Texas State agencies issue 357 sigs get choice of glock or sig in some of them federal also uses them. I could have gone to a 40 but grandfathered in did not. My #1 defense round of all
0 x

Brassboy86

Post by Brassboy86 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:09 pm

Tp9sf elite-s. IWB, 4:30pos in condition 1. All day every day ;)
0 x