The Big Day has finally arrived

Discussion section for Everyday Carry items, Preparedness and Self Defense, including Knives, Packs, Filtration Systems, Bushcraft, etc.
Blue
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 300

The Big Day has finally arrived

Post by Blue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm

At last, after much consternation and procrastination, the big day has finally arrived. As of today, the Canik TP9SF Elite has finally replaced my beloved Glock 19 as my EDC pistol. I have literally carried the G19 almost every single day for over 2 decades. However, the simple fact is that the Elite is the best pistol for me in the class at any price. To be honest I am not sure whether to celebrate or cry. How many of you gents has had to put a constant companion pistol out to pasture simply because it was unseated by something better? Know how I feel?

What I won't do is worry about the reliability or performance of the Elite. I put this beauty through far more rigorous trials than I ever put the G19 before deciding to carry it and the Canik came through without fail every single time.
0 x

BentAero

Re: The Big Day has finally arrived

Post by BentAero » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm

Blue wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:36 pm
How many of you gents has had to put a constant companion.........out to pasture simply because it was unseated by something better? Know how I feel?
I had to. When the current one came along, she had shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes; it was love at first sight. We've been married almost 23 years now...

=))
0 x

Father of 5
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Father of 5 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 pm

I hear ya... I still carry my g19 occasionally, but not near as much as I used to.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 am

Congrats on upgrading the status of your Elite to carry duty. I've no concern carrying an Elite or any other Canik. I've occasionally carried my Elite, V2 or DA in cooler weather when it's easier for me to conceal it. Once I had an Elite in hand, that was the deciding factor for me to end my luke warm relationship with Glock, as Canik just fits me better. Sucks, I really wanted to like Glock because of their unparalleled aftermarket, but it just didn't work out. Anyway, congrats on your decision as I'm sure it will serve you well.
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 am

Yeah.....the Elite is fine.
Never been a Glock fan. Did have a G22 years ago.....I never liked it. If fact.....I never warmed up to any of the striker guns until I stumbled across the Canik DA. I realized they made a "for real" DA/SA in a striker gun! I tried one, then another....perfect from the start. I was picking up my 2nd DA at my LGS and saw they had the SF Elite on the shelf. Soo.... in a moment of weakness... I got an Elite. I can say the Elite is a fantastik shooter- so I agree with you.....but the DA is my fav.
I guess I'm old school DA/SA.....and my #1 tote most of the year is a Bersa Thunder 380 Plus. This winter I will carry the larger guns. I have a good owb holster that fits both the DA and the Elite. I've been wearing them around the house, testing how they wear. I need a little more "cover" for them than my smaller Bersa, but cooler weather allows for that.
Yeah...you'll like the Elite.
0 x

Blue
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 300

Post by Blue » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:51 pm

I do have a DA in burnt bronze but it is just a bit too big to carry all the time. Close though. I don't want to derail my own thread so I'll just say that I do slightly prefer my V2 over the DA. That, however, is a topic for another thread.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 am

Im more then confident enough in any of my caniks/tristars to carry them but my 19 has an RMR so it still gets preference atleast til I get the subcompact rmr cut p10.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 am
Im more then confident enough in any of my caniks/tristars to carry them but my 19 has an RMR so it still gets preference atleast til I get the subcompact rmr cut p10.
I'm impatiently waiting for the CZ P10's with RMR cuts to be released. Really loving my CZ P07 and 09, I need to add a P10 to the lineup.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:53 am

Janik wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:52 am
I'm impatiently waiting for the CZ P10's with RMR cuts to be released. Really loving my CZ P07 and 09, I need to add a P10 to the lineup.
Same here still not 100% sure if I'll get the SC or the C, or possibly both eventually.
1 x