2 gun competition report

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
Jrcnky

2 gun competition report

Post by Jrcnky » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Wanted to give an update on my sfx in it first competition. More than pleased with its performance. Just a friendly 2 gun match at a sportsman club, but man it held its own.

Not a single issue and I think I missed a steel target twice out of about 16 of them over 4 stages running the fiber optic sights. And quick back to target....

Lot of people that were decked out in race gear and some high priced guns were complementing and asking about what I was shooting and how I liked it.

New to competition so showed up with a leather belt, $7 Wal-Mart mag carrier and the holster that came with the gun. Kinda intimidated at first when I saw everyone gearing up with all kinds of race gear and logo covered shirts. My canik held its own.

Super pleased with this gun.....
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Re: 2 gun competition report

Post by Badgerboy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 pm

That would have been fun to watch...Good job carrying the Canik flag.
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 am

That's awesome. And it just goes to show all the greatest gear in the world won't make you a better shooter. Use what you have and train with it. But of course, above all else, have fun. I've heard so many stories now how an out of the box SFx impresses the competition shooters with their $2000 decked out race guns. And, I always enjoy reading another example. Keep us posted how the SFx continues to perform for you.
0 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:38 pm

That's good to hear you made it out and had a good time. Competitive shooting in a way is like professional baseball. Everyone (or team) has a budget and the goal is to do the best they can with the money they have. And it's well known that throwing money at a problem isn't guarantied to solve that problem.
0 x