About to do first match

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
varmint

Re: About to do first match

Post by varmint » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:44 pm

The Duel matches we shot had falling and turning targets, movement, prone, standing, shoot up and down hills, they were the best, I do miss them. What a change we saw from Bullseye stand and shoot. Lots of longer shots as we were used to shooting 50 yds.
1 x

varmint

Post by varmint » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm

There is no better practice than shooting a match: pistol, rifle or shotgun, they combine all the things practice does not, shoot all you can of them and see which ones you like the best.
I have no idea of what public ranges are costing now to shoot at but look at that cost to stand and blast vs a match cost and all the great experiences they offer, plus I read so many ranges do allow rapid fire or draws then it is a no brainer choice.
1 x

TacoTyrant
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacoTyrant » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 am

varmint wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:01 pm
There is no better practice than shooting a match: pistol, rifle or shotgun, they combine all the things practice does not, shoot all you can of them and see which ones you like the best.
I have no idea of what public ranges are costing now to shoot at but look at that cost to stand and blast vs a match cost and all the great experiences they offer, plus I read so many ranges do allow rapid fire or draws then it is a no brainer choice.
From what I saw last weekend you’re 100% correct some things that I had to learn about that I really never did much of at the range(because I didn’t think of it): strong hand, weak hand, mag swaps, move and shoot and shooting from cover!!!

All pretty important in the real world if I ever needed it lol

Good news, the wife gave me the green light to shoot a steel match this weekend! \:d/
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:53 am

Here's what you can expect (except for maybe better shooting). Steel is all about speed, hit it and go to the next.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1331&hilit=matches ... 160#p22984
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

varmint

Post by varmint » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:42 am

Shotgun steel is my #1 fav match over all about the only one I am still competitive in, but healing from a broken shoulder here. Shoot and enjoy all you can, our steel used to draw more people than any other but our board of directors did not shoot it so now we cant
1 x

TacoTyrant
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacoTyrant » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:10 pm

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:53 am
Here's what you can expect (except for maybe better shooting). Steel is all about speed, hit it and go to the next.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1331&hilit=matches ... 160#p22984
Looks like fun!!
0 x