Eight Weeks of practice, Feedback apprciated

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
sgschwend

Re: Eight Weeks of practice, Feedback apprciated

Post by sgschwend » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:20 pm

OK, I made a modified pair of glasses, the right lens set to see the sights, the left lens for distance. Went to the range 30 minutes before dark. Setup two sets of two 6" diameter targets. Then shot the four targets at 10 yards. Quick, but not fast. Repeat this drill 10 times. Image shows the right set, left side set 10 yards over, not shown. Not much time and I found that as the light went down my shots went up on the target.

Next trip I will have plenty of time and light to work through several drills and practice shooting. I did place an order for the final pair of glasses. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

1 x
Ruger Mark IV 22/45
Rossi RS22 Rifle
Canik TP9SF

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:09 pm

Look into the C.A.R shooting style. (Center axis relock). I’ve been playing around with the stance the last week and plan on trying it next range visit. Think John wick style shooting.
0 x
I identify as a transgender chicken and every time I cross the road I ask myself why

sgschwend

Post by sgschwend » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:48 pm

I did take a look. There is a tactical mode. Might be OK for 25 yards and less. That would be good enough for the local fun shoots.
0 x
Ruger Mark IV 22/45
Rossi RS22 Rifle
Canik TP9SF

sgschwend

Post by sgschwend » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Update: I checked on my shooting glasses order (distance lens on left side, closeup lens on the right). I found out my order did not ship. I guess they left it up to me to check on why my order was being held.

It turns out that the lab stopped working on making the lenses because I put a comment indicating the glasses would be used for shooting. The customer service person said that if the order's comment area had been left blank they would have shipped my order since my prescription defined the glasses I was trying to order. Go figure, I made the comment because the "prescription" was an odd one; normally both lenses are made for the same purpose.

The oddest part is that this mail order company uses an online prescription form in which the data is entered by the customer. I was able to modify my current prescription and submit it as the new prescription. One might ask how did you convert the closeup part of your prescription to the intermediate values? I used a published document that had the equation to convert the numbers. I also purchased a $10 set of department store reading glasses with the same settings to verify the calculations were correct.
0 x
Ruger Mark IV 22/45
Rossi RS22 Rifle
Canik TP9SF

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:43 am

sgschwend wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:10 pm
It turns out that the lab stopped working on making the lenses because I put a comment indicating the glasses would be used for shooting.
That's about screwed up.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

sgschwend

Post by sgschwend » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 pm

Update:
Well the shooting glasses arrived, however they weren't setup with the left lens for distance. I should have guess that the lab stopped because they made the lens wrong producing computer glasses. So yes you can see the sights perfectly but with no distance lens these glasses are useless. I have sent them back and they promised to follow the prescription this time.

My guess is that they will mess them up again. So I have an appointment with my optometrist to check my eyes and I will get new shoot glasses from him.
0 x
Ruger Mark IV 22/45
Rossi RS22 Rifle
Canik TP9SF