Got to spend time with the important things in life!

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
tolofrhr

Got to spend time with the important things in life!

Post by tolofrhr » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:51 pm

I had rotator cuff surgery January 22. I have been off work but had disability insurance. 2 week ago I was released to no restrictions. I have not been able to go shoot until today. Took several guns with me including the TP9SFL and my SFX with me. I love the way they shoot. Trigger takes a little getting used to but I'll learn it. Got pretty good groups. With a little more therapy and strength training it will be better, I was running 124 fmj and had no problems. ran about 50 rounds through both. One thing I noticed was they shot a little low and slightly left. Now that I think about it most all that I shot today where a little left and a little low. Anyway I was glad to be back in my happy place getting high on gunpowder. :-D :-D
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Re: Got to spend time with the important things in life!

Post by Tejas Products » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:27 pm

I’ve been on hiatus for 3 weeks and still have 3 to go before I can shoot, even then I may take another few weeks to a month before I can really make it a full range trip. I had major surgery and recovery is slow. I’m happy to hear your back getting to play with your toys.
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

tolofrhr

Post by tolofrhr » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Good luck with recovery. They had me in a sling for 6 weeks and then they let me out but said don't use the arm at all....teh things you do with your dominant arm and never realize
0 x

Arnold229

Post by Arnold229 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 am

I feel your pain brother when I got diagnosed with leukemia I was laid up for like 6 months and couldnt really do anything but sit on the couch until the next inpatient session. Good luck with recovery both of you, prayers sent out for you and yours.
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:32 am

Prayers for all of you on this sunny Sunday in Wisconsin.
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:29 am

Hadn't shot in a while- recovering form R/C surgery- not used to the trigger-.......now shooting a little low and left?

And the answer is?.......... --->->.......... more trigger therapy.
If it was just one gun that shot low and left, one might suspect an issue with that gun, but you said- "Now that I think about it most all that I shot today where a little left and a little low". So, the bottom line must be that you have been away from the guns too long.You NEED to go shoot some more.

I have been once since Feb 2018....I suspect I will not be able to hit the target when ever I do get a chance to go.
1 x