My sf elite brought home the gold today

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
nctrailboss

My sf elite brought home the gold today

Post by nctrailboss » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Brought home the gold today ,shooting my Elite in the LTPS series![Lunch Time Pistol Shooting series]LoL.Myself and a couple of guys at work hold a friendly competition once or twice a week during lunch.We work on a very large farming operation,so we just set up a course at the shop and go at it.Today's course was a 5 shot string into a 5" circle from low-ready on the beep[7yds] ,side step 8ft. and pop a 8" steel plate at 10yds and 15yds.,side step 8 more feet,pop a 4" plate at 10yds. 10rds in the magazine,so if you miss,you have 2 rounds that can be used if needed.Normally,if you need one of those rounds,you're time will suck anyway.Lol..I won today with a 10.81 time.Guy that went down today is a recently retired Special Forces dude wielding a CZ PO-7.He did not take well to a half-blind 60 year old farmer beating him. :lol: .Gotta give a lot of credit to the Elite with the FS fat daddy trigger,man,she's a shooter. :-BD
2 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: My sf elite brought home the gold today

Post by Janik » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Nice! As much as I love my CZ P07, nothing compares to my Elite or Elite Combat. Well, my SFx is great too, but for some reason the Elite has been the best damn pistol I've over owned. I do have the fat daddy in my SFx, have yet to install one in an Elite. Anyway, great shooting!
1 x

tbruns

Post by tbruns » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 pm

I agree with Janik totally! Elites are just plain awesome! I tried the SFx thinking it would be a match pistol for me. I wasn’t nearly as accurate with it as I was with the Elite, or as comfortable. I found out through a couple of field tests comparing to my Elite that the grip size is larger on the SFx, which was too big for my hands. I wear size large glove, but the distance from my thumb base to the base of my finger is not that big, so most grips are too large for me to have good control. I’m using my Combat for competition with a Vortex Venom 6moa.
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:53 pm

As an owner of both P07 and Elite, I shoot the CZ better then the Elite, but I shoot my SA better then the CZ.
2 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:35 am

nctrailboss wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Brought home the gold today ,shooting my Elite in the LTPS series![Lunch Time Pistol Shooting series]LoL.Myself and a couple of guys at work hold a friendly competition once or twice a week during lunch.
That's awesome!
Nothing like a little friendly shooting competition between friends. :lol:
I think the loser should have to bring lunch in the next day!
1 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Congrats...good post.
1 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

nctrailboss

Post by nctrailboss » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:35 am
nctrailboss wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Brought home the gold today ,shooting my Elite in the LTPS series![Lunch Time Pistol Shooting series]LoL.Myself and a couple of guys at work hold a friendly competition once or twice a week during lunch.
That's awesome!
Nothing like a little friendly shooting competition between friends. :lol:
I think the loser should have to bring lunch in the next day!
Great idea ! We perform fairly evenly,so the competitions are always very competitive.I already wear glasses,and he is at that point that specks are probably in his future.With this in mind,when I design the days course,I'll stick a 4" plate out a ways,knowing he struggles a tad with that.I don't think he's caught on to that trick yet.Old age out smarting a younger guy. :d
1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am

nctrailboss wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Old age out smarting a younger guy. :d
"Brains over Brawn"!!!!! :lol:
1 x

Crosspower

Post by Crosspower » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Shooting match at lunch time. That's really awesome.
1 x

ranebowcyxx

Post by ranebowcyxx » Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 pm

What a way to spend lunch, very cool.
1 x