New truck and house gun.

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
nctrailboss

New truck and house gun.

Post by nctrailboss » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Today I put my new TP9da into service.After 100 rds. of 124gr Nato,200rds of 115gr ,and 50rnds of Federal 115 jhp without a hick-up,I think it's good to go.It was a little gritty and stiff out of the box,but with the reduced power spring kit from Galloway and a 6.5lb Glock striker spring,it feels real good.Shoots POA,feels great in the hand,looks great{black version},and decock feature is nice.I have an Olight mini mounted on the rail that is working great as well.The time spent shooting my Elite led me to this purchase .It has the FS Fat Daddy trigger and some spring work.So glad I tried the Canik firearms !! :-BD
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: New truck and house gun.

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm

We have a winner! Glad to hear that you are happy.
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Thats my favorite Canik....... I keep one of my DA's by the bed 24/7. I put a light on it so I can see at night. Trust me.... you need a light at night.
No lights on my carry guns.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm

The DA is an excellent pistol. I do agree though about the trigger being a little gritty. My DA triggers just aren't as smooth out of the box as my V2 or other Canik triggers. Like you, I installed the Galloway Precision reduced power spring kit in one of my DA's and it made a difference. My other two DA's have smoothed out over time, but this latest one I got the trigger was really gritty. That being said, the DA is a phenomenal shooter, and definitely a trustworthy firearm. If you have the patience, after a few hundred rounds the trigger will smooth out and the press weight will drop a little. But since you already put the GP spring kit in, that's a great route to go as well.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:14 pm

higgybaby wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm
Ditto. I do carry a small Olight pocket flash light, but no weapon mounted lights on my carry guns.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:25 pm

higgybaby wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm
Thats my favorite Canik....... I keep one of my DA's by the bed 24/7. I put a light on it so I can see at night. Trust me.... you need a light at night.
My main 2 goto home guns have lights TLR1HL and full size PL2, Definitely need light around my area no streetlights so can get dark. For about the last 2 years I've also been running light on my carry gun. I wont go back draw your gun and your lights ready to go too.
0 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:28 pm

I received my Olight in the mail today, but after swapping the Picatinny adapter in, I can't get it to mount on the DA? It slides right on the Elite, and on my wife's VP9, but that first slot on the DA seems off.
Did yours mount right up to your DA without hassle? I wound up taking off the adapter, and it mounts pretty snug, but am I taking a risk doing so?
This said, the Mini with 400 lumens seem pretty potent for what I wanted this for - my nightstand gun.

Neil 8-)
1 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

GaDawg0513
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
CF Member: 513

Post by GaDawg0513 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:55 pm

I had a similar issue with my PL-2 Valkyrie Olight. The Glock & 1913 adapters for the PL-2 would not fit the rail on my Tp9sfx. Olight folks told me to ship it back for a refund. I love my Valkyrie, my nightstand gun is a Springfield XD Mod 2 with the it, it's bright as shit and the strobe messes me up.

0 x
"Vortex: It's like Jalapenos & Sriracha, I put that shit on everything".

nctrailboss

Post by nctrailboss » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:42 pm

qballbandit wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:28 pm
I received my Olight in the mail today, but after swapping the Picatinny adapter in, I can't get it to mount on the DA? It slides right on the Elite, and on my wife's VP9, but that first slot on the DA seems off.
Did yours mount right up to your DA without hassle? I wound up taking off the adapter, and it mounts pretty snug, but am I taking a risk doing so?
This said, the Mini with 400 lumens seem pretty potent for what I wanted this for - my nightstand gun.

Neil 8-)
I had the same issue,I'm running sans adapter now.Mine is very tight on the rail and allows the light to be moved all of the way rearward against the trigger guard for easy switch manipulation.I'm happy with that,I can't pull it off,so should be good.
0 x