Range Day with the Elite Combat, V2 and my DA's

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Range Day with the Elite Combat, V2 and my DA's

Post by Janik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:55 am

Had to run over to the LGS yesterday and pick up my new V2, so I figured I'd get some "trigger therapy" while I was there. The V2 has been out of production for awhile, and finding them new is pretty hard at this point. I found a gun shop in Texas that had a new one in stock, so I decided to scoop it up. I don't mind buying used, but you never know how it was treated and if it was modified, so I buy new when I can. I keep going back and forth debating which one I like better, the V2 or DA. I just can't really make up my mind. I actually think the trigger in the V2 is smoother, but I installed a Galloway Precision reduced power spring kit in one of my DA's and it really makes a difference. I'm sure polishing the internals might help as well, but I haven't done that yet. I'll do a separate write up on the reduced power spring kit shortly, as it really did make a difference and I may install one in my newly acquired V2. The DA and SA press weights in my newest V2 are a bit heavier than my older V2's.

Anyway, got in some trigger time and as always, they are a pleasure to shoot. I primarily shot the Remington 115gr mil and le contract ammo, since I just got a case of it at a decent price. It definitely is a bit hotter in my opinion than standard ammo. I also shot some WWB and Fiocchi 115gr. I'm still a big fan of the DA/SA handguns, since those are what I carry most. But when it comes to competition, the single action is definitely the route to go. All in all a good day at the range, and the new set of Night Fision sights I installed on my DA were dialed in as well.
20190108_101941.jpg
20190108_101941.jpg (106.93 KiB) Viewed 268 times
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: Range Day with the Elite Combat, V2 and my DA's

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:32 am

Still happy with the Elite Combat?
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:38 am

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:32 am
Very much so. I'm going to be using it this weekend in my first real competition.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 pm

Janik wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:38 am
LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Very much so. I'm going to be using it this weekend in my first real competition.
:-BD
You shooting IDPA or USPSA?
Carry Optics?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:44 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 pm
Janik wrote:
LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Carry Optics?
I have no idea. It's four stages, two indoors and two outdoors. It's geared towards beginners like myself, so I'm not sure what it is. But I think they are going to be pretty slack on the rules for this one and not be sticklers about IDPA/USPSA, etc. But I did take the red dot off the EC so I can shoot it with stock sights. I'll find our more Saturday, but I may take the SFx with the red dot on it, just in case. lol
1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm

Janik wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:44 pm
GlennSFX wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:37 pm
Janik wrote:

Carry Optics?
I have no idea. It's four stages, two indoors and two outdoors. It's geared towards beginners like myself, so I'm not sure what it is. But I think they are going to be pretty slack on the rules for this one and not be sticklers about IDPA/USPSA, etc. But I did take the red dot off the EC so I can shoot it with stock sights. I'll find our more Saturday, but I may take the SFx with the red dot on it, just in case. lol
That will be fun!

Biggest thing is making sure of is to not break the 180, it's the easiest way to get a DQ. Some are sticklers on keeping the muzzle down below a specified berm height too. Depends on the range. I'm sure they'll stress the safety aspect of a "cold range", and the do's and dont's. Just take it slow and focus on the target. Speed doesn't matter if you're getting misses and hits on no shoots!!!

The nice thing about these matches is everyone's pretty decent and helpful. Most egos are checked in at the Safety Briefing!
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:29 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm
The nice thing about these matches is everyone's pretty decent and helpful. Most egos are checked in at the Safety Briefing!
Definitely. No doubt safety will be greatly stressed, but it sounds like they are going to be very helpful. They even have a noticed on the FB page that if you don't have all the proper gear, they will have some available to use. I've got my holster and three mag carriers from SMC, so I should be good. I'm just going to wear it like an IDPA set up. Eventually I'll get a dual belt system for it, but I'll worry about that down the road. I'm definitely going just to learn, don't care about winning or losing. I thinks it's going to be fun and expect to learn a lot.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Janik wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:29 pm
GlennSFX wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm
Definitely. No doubt safety will be greatly stressed, but it sounds like they are going to be very helpful. They even have a noticed on the FB page that if you don't have all the proper gear, they will have some available to use. I've got my holster and three mag carriers from SMC, so I should be good. I'm just going to wear it like an IDPA set up. Eventually I'll get a dual belt system for it, but I'll worry about that down the road. I'm definitely going just to learn, don't care about winning or losing. I thinks it's going to be fun and expect to learn a lot.
Yup...you'll get hooked!
0 x

Davalutchi

Post by Davalutchi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Anyone find a good iwb for the combat elite?
0 x