Breaking shot off reset

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
Hardmix

I have a SFX with the FS trigger and all the spring swaps along with the brass back strap and tungsten GR. I have only had this gun for several weeks and have run maybe 800 rounds through it. That said, I have never had a gun with such a short reset. Tonight I went to the range with the intention of shooting just off reset. The gun is very touchy for me when trying to do this.

So my question is, how many of you with this set up send the first round and release the trigger just to reset and break the next shot from there?

Hardmix
BentAero

It I try to consciously "shoot from reset", then I'm firing way slower than my natural USPSA double-tap cadence. I have to slow down to be able to feel it. I quit trying.

In probably 15k rounds in...
Hardmix

Tks Bentaero. After shooting tonight I was thinking about my practice session and concluded that shooting off reset would be very very difficult to do under pressure at speed.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Hardmix wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 pm concluded that shooting off reset would be very very difficult to do under pressure at speed.
Concur. Also, while moving in competition you can't have your finger on the trigger anyway (DQ).

If you are shooting bullseye, shooting off the reset can be very useful but for everyday use or competition, I wouldn't use it.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Hardmix

Lt I was talking about breaking shots off reset when engaging multiple targets or when shooting stationary drills such as El pres or Bill.
Anyway, I am glad you guys are validating my concerns. At the range when toying with breaking off reset, I was thinking this is going to be a long expensive process if I were to go down the rabbit hole.
Hardmix

Lt I was talking about breaking shots off reset when engaging multiple targets or when shooting stationary drills such as El pres or Bill.
Anyway, I am glad you guys are validating my concerns. At the range when toying with breaking off reset, I was thinking this is going to be a long expensive process if I were to go down the rabbit hole.
ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 am
Hardmix wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 pm concluded that shooting off reset would be very very difficult to do under pressure at speed.
Concur. Also, while moving in competition you can't have your finger on the trigger anyway (DQ).

If you are shooting bullseye, shooting off the reset can be very useful but for everyday use or competition, I wouldn't use it.
Why listen to an over the hill Navy guy who could barely hit the ocean when you can listen to a world class shooter like Rob Leatham?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li0rGtX ... x&index=54

(The fact that they agree is completely coincidental...)
Frankl03

Currently the only competition I do is try to hit the steel plates faster and not miss. I'm not saying this is the only way but when you have a pistol with such short reset well why not use it. When shooting my SFX I shoot from reset. Shooting from reset should be a lighter pull.

I have a CZ Shadow 2 SA and again it has short reset so I shoot from reset. Both of these guns have light triggers so you have to be careful about doubling.

I have a Witness elite Mach with a great trigger but longer reset (haven't dialed it in). I let that trigger all the way out as that is where it resets.

If I can I shoot from reset I do.