Range Trip with the Splatterburst Target Stand and ProMags

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Range Trip with the Splatterburst Target Stand and ProMags

Post by Janik » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:10 am

Today's range trip had a dual purpose, to try out the Splatterburst target stand, and put more rounds through the ProMags I purchased for my Caniks. The ProMags I've discussed in a different thread, but I purchased them for $14.99, which is quite a bit cheaper than Canik mags. I purchased them for range use only, and so far have about 500 rounds through them with zero issues. I'm going to run them exclusively at the range for now on till I experience a failure. For now they function just fine, but only time will tell what kind of longevity they have. I already have a crap ton of MecGar mags, with several put aside for a rainy day thankfully, since it seems prices are going up.

Today I ran a variety of ammo through them, both steel cased and brass, 115gr, 124gr and 147gr.
IMG_2198s.jpg
IMG_2198s.jpg (132.64 KiB) Viewed 198 times
The Splatterburst target stand I purchased off Amazon is a bit pricey, but it works well. You can configure it for various sized targets and set up multiple targets at the same time. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PH ... UTF8&psc=1

I went to the local hardware store and purchased 4 1x2's and chopped them down to 6 feet. The 1x2's are only about $1.50 each, and should last several range trips. I also purchased some metal stakes since this stand is polymer and is very light weight. Without the stakes, a breeze would probably blow your target over. I really like the portability of this and the ability to use multiple targets at one time. I also picked up some cheap clamps ($1.99 set of 4) to hang the targets with. I ended up grabbing a couple more packages of the clamps because they were so cheap. And so far they have held up. But as cheap as they are, If someone has a flyer and hits one, no big loss.

Today's range trip I shot the SFx, Elite Combat, Elite, DA and V2.
IMG_2228s.jpg
IMG_2228s.jpg (288.95 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Splatterburst target stand was set about 20 yards away. I shot everything today from this distance. I wasn't focusing as much on accuracy, but rather, drawing and getting rounds on target as fast as possible. Plus, I wanted to put at least 500 rounds through the ProMags to see how they would perform.
IMG_2235sm.jpg
IMG_2235sm.jpg (284.55 KiB) Viewed 198 times
IMG_2233s.jpg
IMG_2233s.jpg (466.88 KiB) Viewed 198 times
IMG_22371s.jpg
IMG_22371s.jpg (413.21 KiB) Viewed 198 times
These are the clamps I purchased to hold the targets on the 1x2's.
IMG_2238s.jpg
IMG_2238s.jpg (217.77 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Overall, it was a great range trip, and everything worked well. I'm sure in the future I will build some stands out of wood, but I really like the ease of use and portability of the Splatterburst target stand. Very quick to set up and take down.
1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Re: Range Trip with the Splatterburst Target Stand and ProMags

Post by GlennSFX » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:56 am

Janik wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:10 am
The ProMags I've discussed in a different thread, but I purchased them for $14.99, which is quite a bit cheaper than Canik mags. I purchased them for range use only, and so far have about 500 rounds through them with zero issues. I'm going to run them exclusively at the range for now on till I experience a failure. For now they function just fine, but only time will tell what kind of longevity they have.
IMG_2198s.jpg
Good to know about those mags! I just ordered 3 new ones from Gun Mag Warehouse and the price has gone up from $29.99 to $33.99. Same as from Century Arms. I think I'll buy a couple to put through the paces at the range.

Looks like you had a good time at the range!
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 am

GlennSFX wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:56 am
Looks like you had a good time at the range!
Thanks, it was a blast. I'm really hoping the magazines hold up. I'm gonna shoot the crap out of them.
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Looks good to me.
That's pretty darn good shooting for drawing and shooting fast. I would struggle to do that good even with slow fire.
But I do have an excuse....I'm antique.
2 x