Modern and Classic Firearms and Accessories.
Century has informed a customer of ours that the barrels are not compatible. We're not sure on this as we don't test fire the RCM barrels here (that's done at RCM) So we're not totally sure on this. anyone have insight?
- Staff Member
- Posts: 1525
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
- Founding Member #: 001
- Location: Iowa
I wouldn't think they are compatible since the slide milling on the Mod2 is different than the original SA. Same issue as the V2 and DA. The lug on the V2 and the original SA is more angular than the Mod2 and the DA. I know that on the Century website the barrels listed for the SF and SA Mod2 are listed as not compatible with the original SA.
I talked to someone at century and they said the only threaded barrels that will work in the SA mod.2 and the Tp9da are the SF barrels. They will hang out of the slide quite a bit, but will work.
Only reason I know is because I was looking for a threaded barrel for my DA, and none were to be found. My thought is the best way to get a threaded barrel for a DA is to thread the end of an original length SF barrel.
- INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
- ↳ PROMOTIONS AND GIVEAWAYS
- CANIK FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK (CENTURY & TRISTAR) GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK REVIEWS AND RANGE REPORTS
- GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS (Non-Canik)
- ↳ AMMUNITION & RELOADING DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ EDC (EVERYDAY CARRY) PREPARDNESS & SURVIVAL
- COMPETITION, TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- ↳ COMPETITION: IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, 3-GUN DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ BASIC FIREARM & DEFENSIVE SKILLS, DRILLS & TRAINING
- ↳ UPCOMING COMPETITIONS & EVENTS
- SUPPORTING VENDORS
- ↳ Tejas Products
- ↳ LIMA CHARLIE USA
- ↳ Prepper Gun Shop
- ↳ Smoky Mountain Concealment
- ↳ Galloway Precision
- ↳ BUY-SELL-TRADE