Shameless self promoting:-)

Basic Firearm and Defensive Skills and Training Discussion Section.
Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Doing a little self promoting here. If you live in the Dallas area and want to get your license to carry, I am now a Texas DPS licensed to carry instructor. I offer everything from private basic pistol classes all the way up to LTC.

Mike Troncalli
Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Congrats on getting your instructors license.
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Way to go, Mike! :)

Neil 8-)
"I fear not the man who's practiced one thousand kicks once, I fear the man who's practiced one kick a thousand times" Bruce Lee
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH
Rvegasfx

Want to move to Texas , living in Miami tho. If I go, I'll hit you up.
**== ~O) :geek:
Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Thanks guys. Lots of time and expense getting to this point. Fortunately I let the word out to several friends and such a while back that I was going for my certificate and already have a fair amount of customers ready to take my class. I won’t boar you with details, but the state instead of just giving us a canned slide show has determined that they only give is a chart of what we must teach and the rest is up to us to put together. I quit my part time job at the gun range as they were more interested in me being a sales person instead of an instructor. I’m going to need about a week to get my slide show together, print business cards, etc. I guess with a new liberal president I may be very busy.
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

For my Non-NRA Instructor Basic Pistol classes, I used the NRA Basic Pistol Power Point as my "go-to", extracting and arranging in my desired order, and created and added my own slides into the mix. Of course, I had to tag the disclaimer that "this is NOT an NRA certified course" on the opening welcome slide, and on the flip charts I use.
I also did this for the Personal Protection In The Home/Personal Protection Outside The Home courses. For CCW, I have to create my own course, but it must include specific teaching points. That is my 2021 goal.
I used Canva for my cards. Pretty quickly designed my own card and had them at my house within 5 days. The website is the challenge. Using Namecheap, I created a pretty generic site, but need help getting it more "functional", and available for all the popular search engines. The e-mail set up was easier. Designed my own Polo shirts with company logos and names. Bought a business specific laptop, and a bunch of other business needs, but the nice thing is it can all be a write off when deemed to be absolutely necessary for your business operation.

Have fun Mike! :)

Neil 8-)

"I fear not the man who's practiced one thousand kicks once, I fear the man who's practiced one kick a thousand times" Bruce Lee
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH
Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

qballbandit wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:18 pm For my Non-NRA Instructor Basic Pistol classes, I used the NRA Basic Pistol Power Point as my "go-to", extracting and arranging in my desired order, and created and added my own slides into the mix. Of course, I had to tag the disclaimer that "this is NOT an NRA certified course" on the opening welcome slide, and on the flip charts I use.
I also did this for the Personal Protection In The Home/Personal Protection Outside The Home courses. For CCW, I have to create my own course, but it must include specific teaching points. That is my 2021 goal.
I used Canva for my cards. Pretty quickly designed my own card and had them at my house within 5 days. The website is the challenge. Using Namecheap, I created a pretty generic site, but need help getting it more "functional", and available for all the popular search engines. The e-mail set up was easier. Designed my own Polo shirts with company logos and names. Bought a business specific laptop, and a bunch of other business needs, but the nice thing is it can all be a write off when deemed to be absolutely necessary for your business operation.

Have fun Mike! :)

Neil 8-)

Sounds like we're basically on the same course.... Like you I teach the Basic NRA Pistol Course and also made my own as well... I've not done the Personal protection courses yet, but I am looking into the Hunter safety courses... Fortunately my experience running a business helped me with knowing all of the ins and outs of web site development, business cards, etc., DBA....

Our carry classes sound a lot like yours.. We get the basic course outline but have to put together our own presentations and slide shows.. I guess they figure you will learn more when you have to go over the Penal codes about 2 dozen times just to put them in the correct order, etc... I made contact with another experienced instructor yesterday and he said that he would send me his slide show... We're talking days worth of work... But in the end, I enjoy this and hopefully continue to spread the joy of safe gun ownership and self defense.
colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I'm just sad that the SSISPDOTRT (or something like that) thread was so short lived. Now I guess we can look forward to the SSISPDIMTC thread :D
MlazedBayhem

I would really like to take a good 9mm class with my dad. I just finally got him to get some electronic ear pro. If it doesn't cost a lot we might can take 1. He doesn't particularly like me showing him how it's done, even though i'm extensively self taught from YT.
Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

MlazedBayhem wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:34 pm I would really like to take a good 9mm class with my dad. I just finally got him to get some electronic ear pro. If it doesn't cost a lot we might can take 1. He doesn't particularly like me showing him how it's done, even though i'm extensively self taught from YT.
PM Sent