Basic Firearm and Defensive Skills and Training Discussion Section.
Still a long way to go.
Rather than buy stands for $300, I'm taking these H-shaped pieces of steel that are from the shipping crates of Yamaha watercraft and cutting them down to usable stands. I got a pile of them for free.
The plates themselves are 340 lbs, so with the stands and 2x4 posts, the total will approach 450 lbs. I have to build a custom cart to hold it all that I can pull behind my mower.
I scored a brand new 12x20 steel carport yesterday for half price that will serve as the sun shelter. I think those things are ugly, but I need something sooner rather than later. I'd rather build a nice wood structure, but I don't have the time or energy.
- INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
- ↳ INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ KNOWLEDGE BASE
- CANIK FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK (CENTURY & TRISTAR) GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES & AFTERMARKET PRODUCT REVIEWS
- ↳ CANIK REVIEWS AND RANGE REPORTS
- ↳ CANIK TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION
- GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS (Non-Canik)
- ↳ AMMUNITION & RELOADING DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ HOT DEALS ON GUNS & GEAR
- ↳ FREE FIRE ZONE
- ↳ DISASTER/SHTF PREPAREDNESS
- COMPETITION, TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- ↳ COMPETITION: IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, 3-GUN DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ BASIC FIREARM & DEFENSIVE SKILLS, DRILLS & TRAINING
- ↳ UPCOMING COMPETITIONS, EVENTS & MEET UPS
- SUPPORTING VENDORS
- ↳ CF Gear - Canik Fanatik & 2A Gear
- ↳ Galloway Precision
- ↳ Tejas Products
- ↳ BUY-SELL-TRADE