Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
By wogdog2
higgybaby wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:10 am If my memory serves me?......I believe 95B is MP, and my designation was 95B-10 which was Field MP. We not only trained for police work, but also traffic control out on the trail, and of course crowd control.
I had to do all that, plus we recieved training in processing POW's. In Ft McCellan they still had a stockade from the Cuban boat lift we had to train in. From what I understand, my old unit was quite busy in Desert Storm.
By jgillaspy
US Army '83 to '91. Was in Basic for Granada (Ft. Lost-In-The-Woods), Ft. Polk for Nicaragua/Honduras and Munich Germany for Shield/Storm. 97E - Interrogator, Russian Linguist. I fix computers now...
By Copterdrvr
Chief Warrant Officer 101st Airborne Division, flew Huey's first and was there from day one as a pilot in the first operational UH-60 Blackhawk unit-very interesting playing Instructor Pilot, Air Mission Commander and Test Pilot at the same time.

45th Aviation Battalion, a Special Ops unit flying an AH-6 Little Bird.
Last edited by Copterdrvr on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Army Active Duty 6 years. 11Bravo. Delta CO 2/9 INF Camp Casey, South Korea. Hotel CO 2/11 ACR Fort Irwin, California(Yeah I probably shot some of you with lasers) Iraq with Charlie CO 2/6 INF First at Camp Muleskinner then Camp St.Micheals, Charlie CO 2/6 INF Baumholder Germany.
By Texas1911
USMC 1978-1980.

I broke my back on a field exercise, they patched me up and gave me a medical. I really wanted to stay in but was unable to do any sit ups.
By Broxson
Civilian here. Maybe its corny, maybe its cliche, but, sincerely

Thank you all for your service-
Past, present, and future.

If not for you, who knows where we'd be..
By Crosspower
I was a 62E combat engineer. Eventually assigned to a Cat 130 road grader. Loved it. Hated my 5 months lost in the woods, but so fond of my memories, experiences and my conditioning.
By John86045
Designed with a drawstring at the top to hold the bag shut, it is made of the original picture but other materials have come into the picture over the years. Today the name duffel bag has become an open term, used to explain any cylinder bent bag made from a heavy material that is similar to the duffel bag. If you are an outdoor person, you will find it easy to pack your belongings in one of the strong duffel bags. In recent years, the purpose of the duffle bag has been expanded to luggage or transport sports equipment. This is when the wheeled or rolling duffel bags started to become popular. However, its purpose in the military has always remained the same, with duffel-carrying military men referred to as "ditty bags' or sea bags.
Thanks& regards,
John Pitter
Refugee Tents | Military Tents | Camping tents
By Gadget Guy
Ok [mention]LT USN (Ret.)[/mention] I'm IN.

ET2 here. 92-98.

2 years of intense electronics school and off to Japan for a few years of constant deployments. I think we were away from home port 70% of the time.

We hit all the ports you could hope for (and some you didn't). "Crossed the line" more than a few times :AR! . Brought both ships home(2 homeward bound pennants) and decommissioned one of them.

Overall it was a great experience. I miss it. Sometime.

Oh yeah...GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY.
By Gadget Guy
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:18 pm Which ships were you on?
First ship - The Mighty Beauford ATS-2 Stationed in Sasebo Japan(Southern end). It was an ocean going tug boat / salvage ship. It could tow and aircraft carrier. I think it actually did in the Gulf before I got there. Brought her home and Decommed in Pearl Harbor. Had the rare honor of rendering honors to the Arizona as we entered port.

Second and final duty station was the 38 Special. FFG 38. Home ported in Yakuska Japan(Near Tokyo). Also Brought her home. This time to San Diego where i finished my short career.
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:18 pm BTW, I was Neptune once
WOG Queen. And that's all I'm going to say about that!
Gadget Guy wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:26 pm WOG Queen. And that's all I'm going to say about that!
It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

I crossed the first time in '77 and the last time in '98. Got 5 cards (somewhere). USS BONHOMME RICHARD LHD-6 with a newbie precomm crew of about 900 onboard last time I crossed. CO asked me to be Neptune; came off a 6 hour mid-watch & wore a Harley belt & belt buckle to keep my "robes" closed. Got to do it my way. b-) **==

Aside from my Elite SC, guns are not on the rada[…]

Welcome to the forum.

i 'd like to get a hoodie, but i like them w[…]

Hello from MD

Welcome aboard the forum.