Lessons from Real Life Shootings

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Lessons from Real Life Shootings

Post by qballbandit » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Sad to say, but even if this does go down as justified, will anyone care, will it make a difference in their minds? Most likely not, and that saddens me just as much as the ridiculous mayhem that ensues after these incidents.

Neil 8-)
0 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH

loonybin

Post by loonybin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:53 pm

Janik wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:01 pm
I posted this vid in one of our FB groups and mentioned this is why I don't carry micro compacts. Scary stuff. Thinking of starting to carry my CZ P07 with 15 round mags. Right now it's my Walther P99c or Canik SC. I never heard anyone in a real gun fight ever say they wish they had a smaller handgun or less ammo.
Yet, you can carry a couple microcompacts with 12+1 or 13+1. I'm very glad I switched from my Shield to a P365 with a 12rd mag. I practically doubled my capacity yet got a smaller gun that I actually shoot better.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:18 am

loonybin wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:53 pm
I'm very glad I switched from my Shield to a P365 with a 12rd mag.
I had a Shield, and it was a decent gun. Pretty accurate for it's size. My buddy has a 365 and really likes it. It's on my radar as a future gun purchase. He carried a P938 for a long time, but now daily carry's his 365.
0 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:53 am

I've found this to be a fascinating read, with good first-hand insight into what can happen:

https://www.police1.com/officer-shootin ... pnqqHxwMq/
1 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Great read, thank you!

Neil 8-)
0 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:05 pm

keltex78 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:53 am
I've found this to be a fascinating read, with good first-hand insight into what can happen:

https://www.police1.com/officer-shootin ... pnqqHxwMq/
I saw this before but just realized that it should put a large hole in the constant "well, if they had used a real gun like a .45ACP, the fight would have been over in one shot". Which probably explains why this cop switched to a 9mm.

At some point, you have to stop shooting at the torso and try and place one in a DRT area. (I know, hard to do under stress.)

Somewhat justifies my nightstand switch from a 1911 with 8+1 and a 10 round spare to the SF with 20+1 and a 20 round spare.
0 x

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:13 pm

There have been a number of cop shootings of perps on bodycams in the last week or so, which immediately went viral. I didn't want this topic to get morbid, so I refrained from posting them all.

All that I have seen could have been prevented by following the cop's instructions to "drop the bat", "drop the knife" or "drop the gun".

Pro tip, if the cop has his gun out and pointed at your heart, do what he says. I am sure that in your mind, your highly developed debating skills are awesome, but they can be used later in court, they almost certainly won't get you out of whatever situation you find yourself in with a cop with a drawn gun. (For the record, I am white, and instructed my son to always follow the cop's instructions. This is not race dependent advice, it is common sense.)
2 x