The new normal??

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

The new normal??

Post by Jester560 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm

After covid19 is over, what will the new normal be? Will things return to the normal that it was a few weeks ago or will it be a new normal?

Opinions?
0 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: The new normal??

Post by Janik » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:53 pm

It'll be back to normal, and all the anti-gunners who recently ran out and bought a gun for the first time, will be calling for more gun control again.
2 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Americans have a very short memory. I believe there will be additional outbreaks as the rest of the world lags the industrial nations in getting a cure out once it is discovered.

Think about MMR shots, anti-vax'ers and why we are having outbreaks of the measles.
2 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

Post by Lgaam » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 pm

I think we're looking at being close to $30T in the hole when the dust settles. Short of declaring huge swaths of that debt null and void, our political system isn't set up to be able to fight out of it.
2 x

Brindle Lake Dog

Post by Brindle Lake Dog » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Janik wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:53 pm
It'll be back to normal, and all the anti-gunners who recently ran out and bought a gun for the first time, will be calling for more gun control again.
What a great time that will be to buy a LNIB "used" firearm :mrgreen:
3 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:37 pm

I hope this has opened some eyes...China is not our friend...we need to bring manufacturing back to the US, esp medicines and medical supplies...The healthcare system needs attention...The borders need to be controlled...jobs are a good thing...Nancy Pelosi cares about power, not people...We can meet any challenge if we stand together.
7 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

deserttrans
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by deserttrans » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Exactly what Badgerboy just posted!!
0 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Badgerboy, if you're running, you just got my vote! :)

Neil 8-)
2 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:35 am

The only good news is that Congress and the Fed just printed 3.5 trillion sheets of new toilet paper...
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:52 am

Badgerboy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:37 pm
I hope this has opened some eyes...China is not our friend...we need to bring manufacturing back to the US, esp medicines and medical supplies...The healthcare system needs attention...The borders need to be controlled...jobs are a good thing...Nancy Pelosi cares about power, not people...We can meet any challenge if we stand together.
China never friends of none of us ever. Virus was pop in China , and now everyone in line to buy medical kit from china agasint virus. Show me anytoher country could make profit from disaster.
1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:35 am

Things will return to the way it was, most Americans have short memories.

As far as China goes...Trump to Xi..."Thank you giving us your 'Chinese Wuhan Virus'. As a show of our appreciation, we will be reneging on our 1.1T dollars of US Treasuries your country owns. If you have any questions, or would rather see increased tariffs, please give me a call...and as always, MAGA!"
2 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 am

I would love to see manufacturing come back to the USA- especially manufacture of medicine.
But the gov't MUST go after "price-gouging" drug companies. Some folks really need certain drugs to stay alive. I have seen the price drop on some medications as much as 99%. The only difference was a patent expired. That is not an exaggeration.
0 x

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:17 am

An excellent podcast on China to listen to while you are working on your self isolation honey do list:

http://adventuresinfinance.realvision.l ... t-spalding

And one on the quality (or lack thereof) of Chinese drugs:

https://peterattiamd.com/katherineeban/
0 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

Post by Lgaam » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am

Utopian globalism isn't going to work. There is no homogeneous culture working for the same purpose. This divergence of culture is what makes life interesting; it's part of the human condition. At the same time, differing cultures are working towards different goals. Period.

Historically, the purpose of trade is to give something you've got to get something you can't get/make. The wholesale offshoring for profit has put us into the pickle we're in. Alas, I don't know that we could have the manufacturing capacity to sustain our own consumption, much less produce enough to export. We need to find the balance of domesticating enough critical manufacturing while still being able to capitalize on the global marketplace.

I don't know if it was here, but I read that even though we're net exporters of petroleum, while Russia and Saudi Arabia were having their price spat, we bought up as much as we could to refill our strategic reserves. We got oil cheaper than we could produce it, we kept that much of it off the market, forcing competitors like China to purchase more expensive oil.

In the short term, the US is going to strive to be more self-reliant; say the next 5 years or so. After that, it's a crapshoot. Trump, love him or hate him, is a one-of-a-kind. There's no one to pick up the mantle once he puts it down.
4 x

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by colonel00 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 pm

I'd love to see manufacturing come back but good luck finding employees. There are tons of open blue collar jobs now that aren't getting filled because nobody wants to work. There are some great videos from Mike Rowe on Youtube.
2 x

grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by grammontS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:47 am

colonel00 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 pm
I'd love to see manufacturing come back but good luck finding employees. There are tons of open blue collar jobs now that aren't getting filled because nobody wants to work. There are some great videos from Mike Rowe on Youtube.

If they'd cut off benefits from people who sit on their asses all day , those jobs would be filled. Anyone getting government assistance should be forced to fill a job opening if one is available in their area , if they refuse , cut off their assistance. Inknow it's probably easier said than done.
1 x

Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 002

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:51 am

I think things will go ba k to the way they were. Except there will be a bunch of new guns and reloading gear for sale. However i do believe that there will be a bunch of convertsnfrom the anti gun crowd now that they jave actually experienced what it takes to buy a firearm vs what they have been told.
0 x

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 am

Cannot once again print trillions in “free“ currency without great inflation.

History repeats of 1971.Wage freezes and shortages to name a few things on the horizon.

End the federal reserve banking system.
0 x
The Federal reserve is the bullet that kills liberty.

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:30 pm

In Europe starting to talk about China will force to pay compensation for 150 countries. No any countries can solve economic problem cause of Corona Virus Shutdown. They need it source. Best is request from China those money. China really mess up with Pandemi. They report very late , in first weeks they try to hide to Virus reports from World. World has enougp reason call the China to court. China cannot fight if all world get united.
2 x