Anyone in Quarantine or Shelter At Home?

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Curious if anyone on here has been quarantined, whether self or forced, or if anyone is in a location that has a shelter at home order. As I look across the river at Illinois, I know they will be shut down starting tomorrow at 5pm. I imagine they will be flocking over here to Iowa for certain things, not that much is open over here. But at least we're not completely shut down. I'm really digging the home delivery of wine and beer. Though it's a possibility that Iowa could eventually completely shut down, where I work we will be open no matter what. And, as a volunteer firefighter/first responder, I'm out and about quite a bit anyway. So, anyone in lockdown? Or is everyone still free to roam about as they wish?
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

last i checked was 8 confirmed cases in my county. All dining establishments are take out only now, drive through only for fast food, and alot of retail stores are on reduced hours 8-8 for most grocery stores.
colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I was living/working in San Jose (Bay Area/San Francrazy) and I bailed out as soon as I could. Back in KC and there are cases in our area but not horrible. We are trying to do our part but we still get out of the house to shop. I plan to head to the range tomorrow and it's an outdoor private club so I don't see it being shut down.

Home delivery of booze? That is amazing!
zeda3000

If you are living in farm or private house , you are no so lock down. At least you can walk out side in your garden. But please consider this virus has no joke. Last report shows , people may get virus in 15 second. One person will come to down town and booom. You will just get in week 1000 people with virus. Take a serius your goverment call . I am living in Istanbul in down town. My streen is one of the main streets. Over week i just go out just for market and it was just 2 times. All time we lock down at home. Bussiness stop all stop. After virus problem , world need it deal with econimic problem also. 2020 isnt perfect.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

New Orleans has the highest per capita rate in the US. We're about 40 miles northwest of there. So far no mandated lock-down where we are at. But, my hands are turning into prunes from all the antibacterial I keep using. It's worth the dry skin though.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

The wife and I are self isolating as she has a severely depressed immune system. This virus could easily kill her.
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
37L1

As close to a lock down without being in one. Still able to go to an outdoor range. Arrive early, leave early. Most shopping was done last Saturday with a few things on Tuesday.

Good thing I'm anti-social. :d
You'll shoot your eye out.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

37L1 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 am Good thing I'm anti-social.
Being a curmudgeon has it's advantages.

LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

TL1000RSquid wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:21 pm last i checked was 8 confirmed cases in my county. All dining establishments are take out only now, drive through only for fast food, and alot of retail stores are on reduced hours 8-8 for most grocery stores.
We’re both in Texas so pretty much the same here. My wife is now working from home, I of course run my business from home. My twin boys by choice temporarily left their part time ups store jobs. We are ordering as much as we can online and anything we bring home from a store immediately gets wiped down. One of my sons and I are high risk so we’re trying to be extra careful.
Texas License To Carry Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories
higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Agatha is coming and going a bit- but she has restricted me to the house- she says I am old and in poor health. I rode out yesterday with her to the $ store, but I stayed in the car. Its not bothering me (yet) to stay at home. I walk around the yard and up and down the street, but stay away from others.
We are fortunate that Agatha gets paid through the down time, and my only income is ss so we will be fine. I can wait. We just all need to play it safe and ride this out.

I saw a good video yesterday on why its is so important to shut down and stay home- If i can find it I'll post it in a new thread.
AZVET

I have no choice since I’m doing Chemo and I’m goin frickin CRAZY! For the first time in my life I have time to clean my guns but why change!
Janik
Staff Member

AZVET wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 am I have no choice since I’m doing Chemo and I’m goin frickin CRAZY! For the first time in my life I have time to clean my guns but why change!
Yah, I definitely understand why you want as little contact as possible with people right now. Definitely a good time to get some gun cleaning done. :)
deserttrans
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

That is where some of my time is spent. Cleaning and maintaining guns. I have ran a crossed some old friends in the back of the safe. This is one I have not seen in a while. 1917 Colt 1911.

bubba68

Here in central Ohio we have been asked to not go out except for food, medical issues or necessary work. Not mandatory yet. All restaurants have been shut down unless they can do drive through orders. Schools have been shut down, Libraries have been shut down. Grocery stores have cut back on hours to allow disinfectant and restocking of items. Big box stores for the most part are still open but have cut back on hours. Several of the LGS are shutting down today until at least the end of March. Barber shops shut down, tanning salons shut down. Not to many small business are open unless considered necessary.

I am more worried about the damage to the economy after it is over than the Coronavirus. The Government is getting ready to hand out trillions of dollars but where is the money going to come from???? If it wasn't for the printing presses running 24/7 the government would be bankrupt.
Janik
Staff Member

bubba68 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:03 pm am more worried about the damage to the economy after it is over than the Coronavirus. The Government is getting ready to hand out trillions of dollars but where is the money going to come from???? If it wasn't for the printing presses running 24/7 the government would be bankrupt.
I'm a little worried about this too. But I don't think a lot of people realize, we have to pay it back next year. At least that's how I've read it. It's going to be based on income but many of us will have to pay on it as income.
marvin02
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

My wife had influenza A, tested and confirmed at the Doctor's, a couple of weeks ago. Since then we have both stayed in as much as possible. I still have to work, but my work does not require me to be in contact much with others since the facilities I visit are largely unmanned sites, but I do travel around 2,000 miles a month, all in my own van. I will not be doing any overnight stays and am taking all of the food I need when I am out working. The company I work for does maintenance for telecom companies so we are considered essential (for now), but I am guessing that some of our work that is of a non-emergency nature may get postponed.

My mother in law is 91 and was scheduled for heart bypass surgery earlier this week. It got canceled as being non-emergency.

I am in NW Indiana and when I have gone to shop the people have been very well behaved and polite despite the crowds. Some of the local stores are opening up early and/or reserving hours for seniors to come in and shop. Many places limiting their hours. Local food stores have good stocks of most items, with the exception of paper products and sanitizer.
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Janik wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:11 pm
bubba68 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:03 pm am more worried about the damage to the economy after it is over than the Coronavirus. The Government is getting ready to hand out trillions of dollars but where is the money going to come from???? If it wasn't for the printing presses running 24/7 the government would be bankrupt.
I'm a little worried about this too. But I don't think a lot of people realize, we have to pay it back next year. At least that's how I've read it. It's going to be based on income but many of us will have to pay on it as income.
thats the way i interpreted it too, but even so as bubba said we pay back 300ish next year that other 700ish gets added to the budget deficit. Trump should cancel all debt to china since they started this shit.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Janik wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:11 pm but many of us will have to pay on it as income.
It was on a press conference that this would be "tax-free". Rightttttttttttt! There is no such thing as "free".
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
bubba68

LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:36 pm
Janik wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:11 pm but many of us will have to pay on it as income.
It was on a press conference that this would be "tax-free". Rightttttttttttt! There is no such thing as "free".
I have heard that it would be tax free too but our wonderful congress is still debating the final bill and how much each person will get and if it will be tax free or not. If they don't come to an agreement on it today they are supposed to wrap it up tomorrow at least according to Mitch McConnel. But you know how those back room agreements usually end up. Will have to wait and see.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

BOHICA!
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image