Living in “ground hog day”.

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
runeight
Founding Member #: 198

Living in “ground hog day”.

Post by runeight » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am

Good Lord, just shoot me. Well, not really.

I, like most of you, get daily emails with gun deals. Some good, some not. What gets me it’s the same old shid day after day after day. Really? Over the Holidays at least list some higher end firearms instead of low end Rugers, S&W, Tauras, cheap azz rifles, AR’s and shotguns for under $300-$400 blah..blah.

I understand that the market is high for the price range under $400. Don’t have a problem. At my LGS if it’s over $400 customers act like the price is out of budget, you’re kidding me, blah..blah. Anything over $500, for the most part, won’t sell for months.

It’s getting to the point of unsubscribing to the emails. I try to buy higher end for a couple of reasons. Most importantly is resale. I can get a lot more for a Kimber than a plastic low end firearm. Do I love my Canick? Yes, I do. For a range pistol or plinking in the Desert it’s perfect. Only have two poly frames. Glock 17L and the Canick. Like them both, no intentions to sell.

I feel better. Unfortunately I just received another email full of garbage guns that have been on sale on or off since January of last year.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Re: Living in “ground hog day”.

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:58 am

Sorting through crap stuff is the price you gotta pay for wanting to find deals. I've come close to unsubing from cdnn emails cause its 99% cheap chinese junk accessories. Then you get the ones where you see the pic and price and think damn thats a deal then come to find out its a .40 and thats why its so cheap.

I'd been hoping to find some deals on a high end CZ or two over the holidays this year but nothing yet.

Local shops kind of range from carrying cheaper stuff to higher end stuff all depends on the shop and the area its in.

Resales not to big of a deal to me cause if I like the gun I'm going to keep it, but I do like quality guns too, though no Kimbers for me not really a 1911 guy, got my high value colts wouldnt mind one of the cheap turkish or RIA 1911's for a beater.
0 x

runeight
Founding Member #: 198

Re: Living in “ground hog day”.

Post by runeight » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 am

Yup, noticed CZ is like Sig. Pretty solid on price. Have my eye on a CZ myself in 9mm. Have two, love them both.

As far as RIA I have a couple of 38 Supers one of which is getting Wilson Combat upgrades. For the price point it’s a great shooter and solid. Nothing wrong with them IMO.

0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.