After market parts

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
SgtSmeagol

Can anyone tell why I can not find any dealers willing to ship after market springs, guide rods and triggers to Canada for my Canik SFX?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

You need an export license, and applying for one is a long and difficult process. Most small to mid-size companies don't want to be bothered with the licensing process and costs.

I've had a few occasions when buying parts on-line here in the US, where I've had to "check off a box" confirming I will not export what I'm buying.
GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Wolff Gun Springs was one that asks you to confirm you won't export anything you buy...
This was from an order I placed last week after checking off the check box.
SgtSmeagol

Thanks for the reply, I cant even find any Canadian dealers willing to order the parts.
SgtSmeagol

Could my daughter who lives in Chicago buy aftermarket parts for SFx, and legally mail them to me in Canada?
GlennSFX
Global Moderator

SgtSmeagol wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:37 am Could my daughter who lives in Chicago buy aftermarket parts for SFx, and legally mail them to me in Canada?
NO! Especially with the Anti-Gun libs in Chicago, I wouldn't risk it!!!!
Federal laws would be broken!
SgtSmeagol

So up here in Canada we are screwed for getting parts. I'm wondering if my local gunsmith would be able to order them in for me?
GlennSFX
Global Moderator

SgtSmeagol wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:12 am So up here in Canada we are screwed for getting parts. I'm wondering if my local gunsmith would be able to order them in for me?
Just screwed on getting parts from the US. Being a gun dealer in CA won't make any difference if the US part(s) mfg/seller doesn't have an export license. They just don't have enough volume outside the US to make it worth it.

Even someone as big as Midway USA has a disclaimer in their "Terms", section 5, last paragraph, that you will not export anything you buy from them...
https://www.midwayusa.com/help/terms-of-sale/15092
SgtSmeagol

So please tell me this, is it true that some Glock 17 and Walther Q5 Match parts are compatible with TP9 SFx?
SSGNDoc
Founding Member #: 004

The SFX is largely a Q5 clone. I don’t have a Q5 or SFx to do a detailed comparison, but there probably is some truth to some parts compatibility.
SgtSmeagol

Apex Tactical makes an aftermarket competition trigger and trigger bar assembly that looks exactly like the SFx assembly, and I can buy it online here in Canada.
SSGNDoc
Founding Member #: 004

I do know that you can take a Q5 upper assembly and run it on a SFx lower, and vice versa. So, my guess would be that the trigger components are pretty interchangeable. Canik mags work in the Q5 but not the other way around, because the Q5 mags are shorter.
SgtSmeagol

Thanks for the reply, that's very helpful information.
Boostnu

I don’t think the apex trigger will drop straight in without some modification.
For modifications look for a Glock lightweight striker plunger spring and a lighter weight striker spring. Those two will make a big difference. If anything at least try to find a light weight plunger spring. See if anyone on eBay will ship to Canada.
SgtSmeagol

I've found out that Galloway Precision has a company called Aztech Armory that ships light wright springs, stainless steel guide rods and the Jefe aftermarket trigger in to Canada a few times a year. I'm also going to polish the plunger pin and trigger bar like in a YouTube video I watched.
SgtSmeagol

Dose anyone have any experience with, or own an Jefe aftermarket trigger from Galloway Precision for the TP9 SFx? I'm curious about the quality, and performance. I can't seem to find much information and reviews in the internet, i have found some YouTube installation video's but thats about it.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

SgtSmeagol wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:42 pm Jefe aftermarket trigger from Galloway Precision for the TP9 SFx
Nothing against Galloway Precision, most upgrade the SFx trigger with the Freedomsmith trigger. I have one on mine and it made a huge difference to the good.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Boostnu

If you aren’t able to get the freedomsmith I believe I would try the set screw mod in the stock trigger to try and eliminate some of the pretravel. Someone had a write up about it awhile back.
SgtSmeagol

I like the stock trigger in the SFx, but I do want to eliminate some of the pretravel, I'm also planning on polishing the safety block plunger and trigger bar to see if that helps.
SgtSmeagol

I'm going to be buying a Vortex red dot for my SFx, only trouble is I'm not sure if I should go with the Viper or the Venom, both have there pros and cons. Also, what would recommend , the 3 moa or the 6 moa?