Went into Dicks Sporting Goods today for ammo

Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
buddyd157

TexasJackKin wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:42 am Not spending any money at Dick's...Not a dime! The trick is to be well stocked up, and not let yourself get that desperate..... I reload everything I shoot, and that helps, but for non reloaders, the adage of buy it cheap, and stack it deep applies.... (same with reloading components)
i went to Dicks for ammo, i was told they sold it. but when i got there, they had nothing gun, ammo, or hunting related.

i only bought my rain gear from them about like 10 years ago.
GOA and NRA member... **==
Canik TP 9 SF
buddyd157

Janik wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:01 am
buddyd157 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:45 am but we do have cabelas and bass pro.
How has their ammo available been? Nearest Bass Pro for me is almost 3 hours away.
i do not go to cabela's/bass pro.

nearest one to me is like 45 mins to 1 hour away.

i have a LGS and a surplus type of place with in a few minutes of my house, that i frequent.

you might be able to try buying online from them.
Canik TP 9 SF
ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

If you can't stomach $600/case (or more) but are desperate, Wilson sells their remanufactured 9mm for the equivalent of $400/case.
ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Wow. Target Sports has had some white box 9mm in stock (at $600/case) for more than 24 hrs.

Maybe this is the beginning of the end...
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

ncjw wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:54 pm Wow. Target Sports has had some white box 9mm in stock (at $600/case) for more than 24 hrs.

Maybe this is the beginning of the end...
Let's hope so. I used to order cases online, and I miss those days.
buddyd157

In the interview, Stack was unapologetic about the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of revenue. He said the company lost about as much money as he expected it to lose when he decided to institute a new gun control posture.

That is consistent with Stack's previous statements on the losses associated with his decision. In the company's 2018 annual report, he wrote that gun sales were a "sizeable part" of Dick's business and that his push for the company to support new gun control laws significantly hurt that business. However, this did not make him reconsider his decision to use company resources to lobby for gun control and to remove certain guns from stores.

"The hunting category is a sizeable part of our business; however, there has been an overall slowdown in sales in this category since the announcement of our new firearms policy," the annual report read. "Despite this, we continue to believe that implementing this new policy is the right decision for our athletes and our communities. In fact, if we could go back and revisit it, we would still make the same choice today."

https://memecrunch.com/meme/2UUH9/well-bye/image.jpg
Canik TP 9 SF
buddyd157

buddyd157 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:36 am
what a jerk.
"In the interview, Stack was unapologetic about the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of revenue. He said the company lost about as much money as he expected it to lose when he decided to institute a new gun control posture.

That is consistent with Stack's previous statements on the losses associated with his decision. In the company's 2018 annual report, he wrote that gun sales were a "sizeable part" of Dick's business and that his push for the company to support new gun control laws significantly hurt that business. However, this did not make him reconsider his decision to use company resources to lobby for gun control and to remove certain guns from stores.

"The hunting category is a sizeable part of our business; however, there has been an overall slowdown in sales in this category since the announcement of our new firearms policy," the annual report read. "Despite this, we continue to believe that implementing this new policy is the right decision for our athletes and our communities. In fact, if we could go back and revisit it, we would still make the same choice today."
i hope someday, we can all say this to Dicks
https://memecrunch.com/meme/2UUH9/well-bye/image.jpg
Canik TP 9 SF
colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Stopped by Cabela's this evening. They had a bunch of Herter's along with a few Blazer and some Remington 9mm.

Picked up 1250 rounds :D

Janik
Staff Member

colonel00 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:33 pm Stopped by Cabela's this evening.
Must be nice. I really wish we had more options in my area. I'd love to have a Cabelas, Bass Pro or Academy.

I did notice today online that ammo is staying in stock longer. It's still expensive, but it's staying in stock. So hopefully things are calming down and I can start ordering by the case online again soon.
colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Yeah, it was nice to see some 9mm but they didn't have anything else really. Just odd calibers but no restocking of 40, 45, 380, 357, etc.
BentAero

That's fantastic that Cabela's is beginning to have ammo in stock again, and at normal prices too!. Maybe there's hope for a stabilization soon.

Now, about those primers...
keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Hope things start getting back to normal availability soon...
Last 9mm I saw (not that I've been looking much) was some Sig V-Crown at Academy, back in May. I bought a couple of boxes then, but have been laying low since then because I don't feel like fighting the pro-maskers.
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)
TacoTyrant
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Dicks is dead to me. Has been for years. Bunch of liberal weenies
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

BentAero wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:28 pm Now, about those primers...
I've come across 2k small pistol or small rifle primers in the last couple of weeks at normal prices. My stock of bullets, powder & primers is holding steady. Cases for me have not been an issue.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
RWIG
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I am glad you found primers, I know the past few times I posted getting some it was still a no go in your area.

Happy reloading!
colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Just for kicks I stopped back by Cabela's tonight. Ammo was wiped out. I'm afraid it lasted less than a day so the demand is still there.

Zardos

I never really went in DICKS before and certainly would not now. Scored some Blazer brass 147 gr 9mm and Federal 5.56 62gr green tip at my local Sportsman's Warehouse for pretty close to normal prices. 2 box per caliber max, fortunately there was 475 rounds in the Fed 5.56 box. They get some in every so often but it still goes fast.
buddyd157

colonel00 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:33 pm Stopped by Cabela's this evening. They had a bunch of Herter's along with a few Blazer and some Remington 9mm.

Picked up 1250 rounds :D

i have seen the brand Herters for a while, i see too that S&B makes it.
Canik TP 9 SF
Janik
Staff Member

colonel00 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:52 pm Just for kicks I stopped back by Cabela's tonight. Ammo was wiped out. I'm afraid it lasted less than a day so the demand is still there.
Damn, I was hoping things were starting to normalize.