The Blue Bullet

Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Ordered 1200 of these last night , anyone have any experience reloading with this product?
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I tried them but my pistols didn't like them. However, I know a lot of people that swear by them.

You might also want to try https://summitcitybullets.com

They have pistol bullets in stock and ready to ship. Orders usually ship next day.

You can use code "Brent" for 5% off your order.
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Jester560 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 am They have pistol bullets in stock and ready to ship. Orders usually ship next day.
Now, can you do this for primers too?
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 am
Jester560 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 am They have pistol bullets in stock and ready to ship. Orders usually ship next day.
Now, can you do this for primers too?

I wish. I am down to my last 2000 small pistol primers.
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
Ben W.

I load Blue Bullets almost exclusively in .40 and 9mm. Extremely accurate in my pistols (TP9SFx). .40 is a different brand, of course...
Which bullets did you order? My Canik likes the 147's a lot; they've been extremely accurate. I am also going to try some 135's and see how they do.
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Ben W. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:08 am I load Blue Bullets almost exclusively in .40 and 9mm. Extremely accurate in my pistols (TP9SFx). .40 is a different brand, of course...
Which bullets did you order? My Canik likes the 147's a lot; they've been extremely accurate. I am also going to try some 135's and see how they do.
I bought 1200 of the 125gr TC
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I had been buying from Xtreme , but they were out of stock , these came up when I did a google search so i figured I'd give them a try.
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Ben W. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:08 am I load Blue Bullets almost exclusively in .40 and 9mm. Extremely accurate in my pistols (TP9SFx). .40 is a different brand, of course...

Curious , I'm a new reloader............. Do you follow the load data for lead bullets when using these coated ones?
Ben W.

grammontS wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am

Curious , I'm a new reloader............. Do you follow the load data for lead bullets when using these coated ones?
Use data for lead bullets, and lately you can find data for "coated" bullets. Either one works.
sgschwend

Blue Bullets work for me too. No complaints here.
Ruger Mark IV 22/45
Rossi RS22 Rifle
Canik TP9SF
RWIG
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

grammontS wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:29 am Ordered 1200 of these last night , anyone have any experience reloading with this product?
I love blue bullets. I use the 125gr RN in my SFX. However, if you just ordered them this past week, be prepared to wait a long time before they come in. Unlike most other vendors, blue bullet will take your order and then take 6 weeks, or more, to fulfill the order. If you have some change left, you may want to look at ordering some other bullets if you are looking to load soon.
Wolffy

I’ve loaded well over 100k blues. A combination of .40 and 9mm. They are a great local business to me that supports the competition shooter.
extremist

Personally, didn't like them, won't use them. The blue comes off on your fingers when loading. Other coated bullets I've used don't. Simple as that.
I like DG, H&S and Gallant coated.

But Gallant 125gr old style was my favorite, unfortunately they've changed the bullet shape so won't be buying any more.

The DG 125gr TC bullets are my new favorite.
James Lenaburg, Firearms consulting and Instruction.
TX DPS Certified LTC Instructor
IDPA CSO, CDP/ESP/SSP/CCP/BUG EX, REV SS
USPSA CRO, LIM,SS,CO,Production - C Class, PCC B Class
NRA Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Range Officer
Ben W.

Blue Bullets started washing their bullets as the final step in production in order to remove the blue residue you're talking about, so they don't make your fingers blue anymore. Load clean now. But those others you mentioned are good also, as well as Brazos. Good shooting!! Ben
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Just a little FYI .....

I still haven't received this order yet , yes their website stated that it would be weeks before receiving your order , but this seems to be quite awhile. I emailed and asked about the order 2 weeks ago , they said I should have them by the end of October. The thing that bothers me the most about this order is that they charged me instantly for the product , but expect you to wait 2 months after being charged.
Despicable Bee

Apparently I need 25 replies before I can create my own posts so here is one. Sorry.
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

9 weeks after ordering and being charged instantly I have finally received my bullets.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Whomever I am buying from, as soon as I receive an order, I order more. I've had 2000 RN 145gr 9mm coated bullets on order since mid-AUG. I've received two other orders since ordering those.

Georgia Brass and Ibejihead bullets only have a short delay in shipping right now. I really like the Georgia Brass 147gr 9mm flat-point bullets. They load well and shoot well. Coating doesn't peel while loading.
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:56 pm Whomever I am buying from, as soon as I receive an order, I order more. I've had 2000 RN 145gr 9mm coated bullets on order since mid-AUG. I've received two other orders since ordering those.

Georgia Brass and Ibejihead bullets only have a short delay in shipping right now. I really like the Georgia Brass 147gr 9mm flat-point bullets. They load well and shoot well. Coating doesn't peel while loading.

I've ordered and received 4 different orders from xtremebullets since I ordered those blie bullets. I wasn't in need of them , I just didn't like that they charged me right away , and I didn't get the product for over 2 months.