More on the remans from AmmunitionDepot

Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
Retiredtrooper
Founding Member #: 3871

More on the remans from AmmunitionDepot

Post by Retiredtrooper » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:23 pm

I shot these in my Scorpion EVO carbine in our Steel Challenge match on this past Saturday. They ran well, except when it came time to clear the chamber. Every one of those nickel plated rounds was stuck solid and had to be shot out to clear the gun. Standard brass doesn't do this. I looked over headstamps and there were Remington, WW, and Federal. There may have been others, but I just grabbed a few and checked them while loading magazines. As for power, the RO was chuckling when he said there was no trouble in knowing when the plates were hit with those loads. In fact, the whole target frame rocked back. I'm beginning to think they loaded these by dipping the case in powder and leveled it with the case mouth before beating the bullet in on top of it. I'm so curious that I ordered a chrono this morning and will run several different loads this coming Wed and report back on my findings. Stay tuned.
2 x

tolofrhr

Re: More on the remans from AmmunitionDepot

Post by tolofrhr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:53 pm

I like that. Dip em in powder and beat the bullet in. Wonder if they where hot and the nickel was a little soft?
0 x

Retiredtrooper
Founding Member #: 3871

Re: More on the remans from AmmunitionDepot

Post by Retiredtrooper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Could be. Regular brass was no problem.
0 x