Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
Any recommendations on a low power factor (PF) 124gr or 147gr 9mm commercially made rounds?

I'm not ready to jump into reloading until after I retire at the end of this year. I looked at some subsonic 147gr but the price per round starts getting up there.

Edit: must meet the 125 PF threshold. I want it all....
Most domestic 9mm loads will make about 135 PF in the 115 and 124 loadings. 147 loadings tend to be a bit stronger.

You can google "9mm minor" for some examples of ammo specifically meant to make PF and no more. Here is an example. https://atlantaarms.com/products/9mm-14 ... t-fmj.html The price goes up, but common sense says use it just for matches and practice the cheap stuff.
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:49 pm Any recommendations on a low power factor (PF) 124gr or 147gr 9mm commercially made rounds?

I'm not ready to jump into reloading until after I retire at the end of this year. I looked at some subsonic 147gr but the price per round starts getting up there.

Edit: must meet the 125 PF threshold. I want it all....
Unfortunately your not going to find for the same $$ as 115g target grade ammo.
My son has been shooting these and has been real happy with them...
https://ncshooters.com/product/1000ct-9 ... er-factor/
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:39 am
GlennSFX wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 am My son has been shooting these and has been real happy with them...
https://ncshooters.com/product/1000ct-9 ... er-factor/
THat's not too bad, thx.
Not sure what the shipping charges are.
Another option would be targetsportusa.com. They have Federal 150g Syntech for $119.99 for 500 rounds with free shipping.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal ... 83051.aspx
I cast my own bullets and reload. My 9mm is running me $5/100.

I've been running a 150 gr bullet with 2.7 gr Ramshot Competition. The brass rolls across the back of my hand. It's VERY soft shooting but runs my SFX with the stock RSA.

Another load I've been using is a 130 gr cast hollow point with 3.2 gr Sport Pistol. This one is a little more powerful but still very soft shooting. Runs with the stock RSA.
The Federal American Eagle 124gr is what is used locally for "calibration". Easily found at walmarts. Right around 127-132 power factor depending on firearm.

Alternatively, if you want to shoot something similar to what you would reload.. Federal Syntech is a competition round with Coated bullets.
Up until they kinda went balls up, I would have recommended Freedom Munitions 147grFMJ. I have a closet full of their remans. Soft shooting and VERY accurate. Trouble is, their pricing now is more than what you can get factory new ammo for. I've talked with a few shooters who are using the Federal SynTech 150gr, and they swear by it. I'd go with that if you can find it reasonably priced.
Out of curiosity I have shot Federal Syntech 150 & 124 grain. Both were good shooting and made minor PF and I would not hesitate to use either one in a match if I didn't have my own reloads available. I personally prefer the 150 grain. It's very close to my own cast and coated bullets I mainly shoot.
Retiredtrooper wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:17 am Up until they kinda went balls up, I would have recommended Freedom Munitions 147grFMJ. I have a closet full of their remans. Soft shooting and VERY accurate. Trouble is, their pricing now is more than what you can get factory new ammo for. I've talked with a few shooters who are using the Federal SynTech 150gr, and they swear by it. I'd go with that if you can find it reasonably priced.
I didn't know Freedom went out of business.... HAHAHA … couldn't happen to a shittier outfit with terrible customer service. Karma's a b*tch. Hope they enjoyed that extra $20 they screwed me over on. LMAOGF

Welcome to to the forum! Second place, congrats! […]

New to Canikfanatic

Welcome

Old guy, new gun. TP9SFx.

Welcome! SFx...great.chlice, congrats

Hi all

Welcome to the forum!