Truck Gun

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Truck Gun

Post by ncjw » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 pm

I had always thought of a truck gun as the 30-30 Winchester or 30-06 rifle in the rifle rack that hung on the back window of a pickup in the south to midwest to west.

But between the laws mentioned above and the break ins mentioned above, those days are long gone.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:58 am

Here's quite the bug out bag at a great price. Checking other sites it goes for 2 large. Only $79 at Rural King + UPS Ground $13.32 w/o a coupon

https://www.rkguns.com/rpg-pack-range-b ... -9047.html
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

onlyoldiron4me
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 204

Post by onlyoldiron4me » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:18 pm

My truck "gun" is a little pico with a laser sitting in the console.
It's just a fine get off me pistol, very accurate for it's miniscule barrel!
0 x

Flingit1200s

Post by Flingit1200s » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:07 pm

As a kid on the farm, there was usually a single shot 12ga and a 22lr in the back window of the pickup (A "truck" was 2 ton or greater...lol) and a machete in a leather sheath behind the seat. Non of these things were for personal protection. The pickup was never locked even when we went to town and the keys were left in the ignition. The house was never locked either. People respected each others' property and looked out for each other. I farmed and had a trucking business with my dad for 15 years after college and needed a truck gun. The John Deere dealer also sold guns and had just bought a bucket load of sks rifles and russian ammo. I gave him $100 for the rifle and $150 for 4 big spam cans of ammo. That thing banged around under the seat of the truck for years. I sold it a few years after I quit farming. I don't keep a gun in the Jeep now.
1 x