New Taurus model - G3C

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

New Taurus model - G3C

Post by keltex78 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Looks like Taurus is releasing the next iteration of the Millennium etc. line.

This time, it's the G3C. It appears to be a primarily cosmetic upgrade to the G2C/Millennium G2/PT111. What I do notice is a redesigned trigger safety. If they have fixed the catch in the safety while keeping the good features and low price of the the G2C, they may have a winner here:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/tauru ... mpact-9mm/

2 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: New Taurus model - G3C

Post by Jester560 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 pm

I hope they improved the trigger with this model. My best friend carries a G2c and the trigger is horrid!
0 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

Post by Lgaam » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:22 am

I've watched a couple of the videos that are out. No one specifically mentions fixing the catch in the trigger, but they do rave about it a bit. Gun shows are open for the moment in Florida an.d my LGS is in Tampa this weekend and will be moving back into the store on Monday... If he has one, I won't be able to check it out until at least Tuesday
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:31 am

I may end up getting a G3c. I've been running the crap out of my TX22 and it's phenomenal. It's the first Taurus I've purchased since the early 90's since they had a bad reputation. I'm really liking the TX22, so I was looking at a G2c. But I may hold out for the G3c.
1 x

GallowayPrecision
Supporting Vendor

Post by GallowayPrecision » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Same trigger as what's in the G3 and it's a fantastic little piece. Got two in from Taurus to start parts manufacture for. G2c guide rod already fits it, same for Traction Grips. Only gripe is that they stuck withe the 12rd non extendable mags. Gonna find enough Gold Dot to load three mags and carry it a few weeks, see how it rides and shoots.

1 x

oldfrank

Post by oldfrank » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Several of the gun magazines I subscribe to had good reviews of the G3.
It said they made some improvements.

It may be a viable pistol for someone who needs a pistol to protect their home and are on a type budget!
0 x