Picked up a Tuarus TX22

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
marvin02
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Just have to file the front of the oval projection that fits into the slide. Depending on the height of the projection you may have to file the height down, mine was ok.

Link to video for modifying Glock sight for TX22:

https://gunstreamer.com/watch/taurus-tx ... 1QZST.html

I wouldn't have done this if I hadn't had the sight laying around. TandemKross and LakeLine both have a fiber optic sight for the TX22 fo $20.

Check your sight height, mine worked out great.
marvin02
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I ordered 4 mags from Academy, $22 each, total of $94.16 with shipping.
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Yeah i got 2 sets of glock night sights in my parts bin tritium is dead or dying in both and replaced them with new sets. They'd likely never go on another glock unless maybe i do p80 til i buy good sights for it. Will pull out the micrometer and make sure they'll match with the stock rear.
GallowayPrecision
Supporting Vendor

TX22 is where it's at. We make a plus 3 for it and I've had them on both my mags since I got the pistol when it came out. Eats garbage my other 22s won't. I absolute love mine. Going to order one of the green reticle ADE optics for it, hopefully it can take the beating of the slide. Need the green because of my double astigmatism.
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

GallowayPrecision wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:16 pm TX22 is where it's at. We make a plus 3 for it and I've had them on both my mags since I got the pistol when it came out. Eats garbage my other 22s won't. I absolute love mine. Going to order one of the green reticle ADE optics for it, hopefully it can take the beating of the slide. Need the green because of my double astigmatism.
I'll have to look again. I was on your website last night looking for accessories for the TX22. I have an adapter plate coming from Lakeline to mount one of my Jpoints on it. I think how light the Jpoint is, I shouldn't have any problems. Hoping someday you guys offer red dot adapters. I've ordered a couple from the Glock store that fit on the G43 so I could put my SHIELD and a Jpoint on my DA and another Canik that doesn't have a slide cut.
GallowayPrecision
Supporting Vendor

Janik wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:37 pm
GallowayPrecision wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:16 pm TX22 is where it's at. We make a plus 3 for it and I've had them on both my mags since I got the pistol when it came out. Eats garbage my other 22s won't. I absolute love mine. Going to order one of the green reticle ADE optics for it, hopefully it can take the beating of the slide. Need the green because of my double astigmatism.
I'll have to look again. I was on your website last night looking for accessories for the TX22. I have an adapter plate coming from Lakeline to mount one of my Jpoints on it. I think how light the Jpoint is, I shouldn't have any problems. Hoping someday you guys offer red dot adapters. I've ordered a couple from the Glock store that fit on the G43 so I could put my SHIELD and a Jpoint on my DA and another Canik that doesn't have a slide cut.
We do for the Taurus TX22 and G series, they just go so fast it's hard to keep stock up. Just be warned the Lakeline one has to be fit to the sight channel. Had a customer bring that to my attention on the install video for ours. We're working on plates for the Canik pistols that can't be milled because of the decocker.
Janik
Staff Member

GallowayPrecision wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:36 am We're working on plates for the Canik pistols that can't be milled because of the decocker.
I bought one from the Glock Store that was for a G43 and fits perfectly on my TP9DA. Slides into the dovetail loosely, and the screws tighten it down. Works great. I've been shooting the heck out if it, no issues. I've got a SHIELD RMSc on it right now. Here's one post I made, I think I have another thread somewhere with the Jpoint on the DA. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3335
grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Janik wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:41 pm
Jester560 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:36 pm I'm glad. You've saved me a lot of time researching it. Thanks!!
@TL1000RSquid has a lot more knowledge than I do when it comes to firearms. His insight is well worth taking into consideration. Now depending on what you want a 22lr for, as mentioned, if you want precision, Ruger Mark IV or a S&W Victory may be the route to go. Otherwise something like the TX22, PPQ22 or M&P22 might be a good option.

Always enjoy shooting my Victory
marvin02
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

So the 4 mags I ordered from Academy were shipped from 4 different stores, 1 per package. I have received 2, 2 still inbound.

Took the TX22 and 4 mags to the range today and put 100 rounds through it. No issues, shot Winchester Super X 40 grain round nose. That's the fourth ammo type with almost no issues at all.
marvin02
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Well it seems that I got one of the TX22s with a bad barrel. I was shooting yesterday and my first magazine I put 15 of 16 into a 3 inch target at 7 yards. Great I think, but by the 5th magazine I can't even tell where I am hitting. I stop and turn over the target and put a 4 inch stick on target on the plain side of the target. I shoot the last 11 rounds from the 5th magazine and get 1 hit in the 4 inch target.

When I get home I check the barrel and it is leaded up pretty bad. About 150 rounds through the gun since last cleaning. I clean it and go back to the range today. I am getting rounds key holing the target from 5 yards away. I shot the targets below at 5 yards from a rest on my range bag.

Image Image Image

I called Taurus and they are sending me another barrel. Took only 12 minutes on the phone. I hope this fixes it because I really like this gun. I was at 500 rounds total, barrels should last longer than that.
Janik
Staff Member

marvin02 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:40 pm I called Taurus and they are sending me another barrel. Took only 12 minutes on the phone. I hope this fixes it because I really like this gun. I was at 500 rounds total, barrels should last longer than that.
That's good to hear. I'm well over 500 rounds now, and didn't clean it between range sessions. Shot the crap out of it yesterday without issue. I'll keep an eye on my barrel though. Thanks for the info.
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

That sucks, thought the barrel thing was an issue of the past but maybe still some older ones sitting at distributors. When I got mine I knew it was a possibility cause it was back over the winter when alot of people were reporting problems but I got one of the good ones.
marvin02
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

TL1000RSquid wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:52 pm That sucks, thought the barrel thing was an issue of the past but maybe still some older ones sitting at distributors. When I got mine I knew it was a possibility cause it was back over the winter when alot of people were reporting problems but I got one of the good ones.
I was really interested in this gun when they came out and then saw the issues people were having with the barrels. I was hoping that I had waited long enough when the need to have a .22 trainer came up with my wife getting her first gun. I really like the TX22 and hope the replacement barrel takes care of it. When I gave the customer service rep the serial # he said I could send it in or they could send a barrel. I'll wait and hope the new barrel takes care of the issue.

Taurus lists both threaded and non-threaded barrels as parts on their web site, but they are not in stock. I could not find anyone who is making an aftermarket barrel either.