header logo

Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Under Construction Please be Patient
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Ok, first off, I’m not advocating for folks to carry these as primary defensive handguns. Just recently been dragged down a rabbit hole as someone I know, wants to get a classic .25 ACP pocket gun. Something like a Baby Browning, Beretta 950, Colt vest pocket, or other such, crafted pocket auto, before the zemak pot metal, and then polymer pocket guns came along. (Some in larger calibers even, like .32 and .380.)

As I did some research, some are actually pretty impressive, in the level of engineering, machining, fit and finish they display.

I’ve had a Beretta 21A In .22LR for decades, which has been a pretty impressive for it’s size.

What micro classics do you folks like?
Agatha has the Beretta Tomcat 3032 and it's been flawless since '96.
I have the Kahr CT 380 which started out rough, had lots of issues with slide lock at first- had to put the file on it a few times. Since then good.
My next smallest gun- which has been fantastic- is the Bersa Thunder 380 CC.
Last, and newest, is my Sig P365-haven't been to the range yet- but soon. And I kinda got out of the "mouse gun" range.
I've shot my friend's baby Browning and it is a sweet pistol. Looks great, shoots great and a solid piece of machinery. I would love to have one. I love stirring up the hornet's nest on the opinions about CC pistols, and that .22 is a bad choice. For some people, it is the best choice. No kick, easy multiple shot placement, less collateral damage for missed shots, easy operation for weak hands...
My view is the best CC gun is the best one for you. It may be a different choice for Mr. Bearpaw Hands than for Grandpa Jones. LT USN may prefer an 1861 Navy Colt Revolver because it was his service pistol when he enlisted...Higgybaby may prefer something in pink to protect him in the Wal Mart Ladies bathroom...to each his own...
deserttrans wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:05 pm Image

Love the little 1960, BB. Do not carry but in my collection.
Very nice.

I guess During most of my handgunning experience I was used to Most .25s being sub $100 pot metal “throw away” pistols with no craftsmanship or skill, but just kind of cranked out to provide the cheapest option.

Once I started getting exposed to some of these older pistols, I’ve been impressed with some of the craftsmanship and attention to detail that went into the true classics.
By far my favorite "classic mouse gun" is my circa late 60's H&K Model 4. I use it as my deep concealment carry. I've had a hard time finding a micro pistol that will fit my had properly (due to monkey fingers) and this one just fits. It has 4 different barrels. .22, .25, 32, and .380.
Srtnitro wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:43 pm By far my favorite "classic mouse gun" is my circa late 60's H&K Model 4. I use it as my deep concealment carry. I've had a hard time finding a micro pistol that will fit my had properly (due to monkey fingers) and this one just fits. It has 4 different barrels. .22, .25, 32, and .380.
For the briefest time I had an HK model 4. Took in part of a trade, but it only had the .32 barrel. I wasn’t interested in a gun that size in .32.

It’s kinda big to be a “mouse gun” other than the small bore chambering. Well made, had a couple quirks. Traded it off later for a Ruger Blackhawk. Values are way up on those HKs. If I’d have kept it and hunted down other barrels and mags it would be a neat piece.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]